Chapter 22: It all Started With A Letter Under A Red Velvet Cupcake

Start from the beginning

"Better, " I agreed. "Besides; I'm sure we can just do that in the library since its just nothing." I said, mocking his tone

"Why the library? I swear; That lady only looks up from her computer when I step inside there."

I laughed. "Maybe she has a thing for you."

He shivered at the thought of our lazy yet grumpy librarian. "Yeah, no."

"Well I'll be late to class if I stand here having a relaxed and friendly conversation with you. I'll see you later."

There was no use of going to class, really. We were just having a supervised study that wasn't supervised since there was never a teacher. And when there was we got Mr. Frof who fell asleep within minutes after entering. When he awoke there would be impressive yet fatuous marker drawn mustaches drawn on his bald forehead or below his mustacheless nose. And while I'd be trying to read they'd be tossing paper balls at my back. Most of the guys at this school were so immature.

"Aww, come on. It was just getting good before you brought up our school's librarian having a burning passion for me." He groaned as I was about to walk off

"I've never been late to class before. No."

"Please." He stuck out his bottom lip childishly, but adorably.

"No." I said in a deadpan manner

"Please. "

This guy was so persistent. The game went on for about three minutes until I realized he used some horrible way of reverse psychology on me and said 'No' and I accidentally said 'Please.'

"Well since you begged." He said with a smirk, grabbing onto my hand

Where'd all my smarts go when I was around this guy?

"Wait, no. You tricked me!" I defended in a low voice, hoping no one would see us.

"That was the whole point, Cerise. Keep up." He said over his shoulder, still pulling me.

After struggling to get out of his grip for what felt like years but was actually two minutes I gave up. We were out on the field. The wind blew up some strands of my hair, nearly making it fly into my mouth. And actually it did. Thankfully Carter didn't see that.

The field was clear. Not a teacher or student in sight. We took a seat on the metallic bleachers. "Why'd you bring me here?"

"I don't know. But what I do know is that you don't want to go to class." He said and it was absolutely true.

There was a bitter silence that lasted for about two minutes until I finally spoke up. "How's my future husband?" I asked him, referring to his little brother.

He raised his eyebrow in curiosity, but then finally caught on. "Oh, Cam. Still up to his tricks. But you do know that is considered illegal, right?" He elbowed me playfully

"Not if it's true love." I teased. I couldn't believe I was actually having a conversation with the guy. After several topics on mainly school, somehow Serena had came up. He had told me about not feeling their relationship anymore. Yeah, because that was new to my ear. But me being clueless to saying anything I had given him this whole speech on relationships that I read from one of mom's magazine of course.

"For someone who's never been in a relationship, you sure know a lot about them." He smirked

I scoffed. "How do you know if I've been in a relationship or not before?"

He shrugged, turning to face me completely. "Have you ever been in a 'relationship' before?" He asked putting up quotation fingers for the word 'relationship;.