Chapter 44 : I Guess It's Time

Chapter 44  : I Guess It's Time 

"Sometimes the person  you'd take a bullet for is the person behind the trigger."

Madison Fall's POV

👿 It felt as if the slower I went through each file the less time I had. My head kept snapping back to the door to see if someone was coming. The coast was clear. 

My fingers brushed over each yellow folder until I stopped to the one I was looking for. Serena really owed me big time for doing this for her I thought to myself as I pulled the thin white piece of paper out of it's folder.

Just think of how much fame the school's paper will get when Serena brags to everyone about it. They'll finally see what they were missing and I'd actually be popular. I'd be what I was supposed to be from the beginning. 

I smiled at that thought and started to skim over the sheet of signatures. I'd get into loads of trouble if someone saw me in the principle's office right now. The only group of students allowed at school were the school's football team and volleyball team for  practice - and I wasn't apart of neither.

Just as I was about to push the paper in my bag I heard talking outside of the office door. My throat went extremely dry and I felt like crying at the thought of detention or worse suspension.

Using my quick thinking I swiftly circled around Principle Thornton's large desk and hid beneath it. It wasn't the smartest of places to hide, but when  you're about to let out all your glorified urine because you're scared of getting caught you tend to do stupid things.

"I'm telling you, Martin. I'm a huge Lakers fan, you're just going to have to live with it." Thornton's voice was nearby and that meant he had already entered his office. I heard him let out a heavy chuckle before closing the door behind. I could feel his presence oozing near the desk as I held back a scream. 

He pushed the big sophisticated black leather chair out and took his seat in  it. With my knees stuck up to my chin I inched away slowly so I wouldn't touch him, but it seemed the more I moved the closer he came.

I let out a breath of relief on his pants leg when he stopped moving, hoping he didn't feel that. I didn't know what was worse now. Being stuck under the principal's desk in risk of getting expelled or being stuck under the principal's desk in risk of getting expelled and dying from the putrid smell of his shoes before I could get expelled. Which ever came first. The sound of jazz music lit up in the room and I realized that I was stuck in here. 

My eyes sparkled when he moved from his desk, but then sulked when he was still in the room. I peeked over the desk and noticed that he was dancing to the music near one of the tall plants in his office that I had never noticed. 

I don't know if it was the funky chicken or the robot, but that was not proper dancing he was doing. No wonder he was single I thought.

Putting my head back under the table I decided to relax my muscles and compare the hand writing since I had nothing better to do now. I squinted at the blurry black writing. No matter what I'd still need my glasses, wouldn't I? 

I took my glasses out of it's case after wiping it's lenses with the soft rag. Only Serena and a few other people knew I wore them. To think she used to bully me for the way I looked back then. Now I had proved myself to her. The  temples of my glasses pushed my red  hair. It hadn't been red before either, in fact it was a dusty brown. Serena had decided that I needed a makeover therefore making me change my boring hair color.

My eyes skimmed over the signatures for the Art Competition. It had to be her. She was the only girl in this school whose handwriting I didn't get the chance of comparing. I gasped when  my eyes landed on the signature then back onto the letter. It was a match.