May Help Reveal My Heart

When I woke up, my hospital room was empty. I sat up and frantically looked around the room.

"John? Paul? Ringo?"

I rubbed my eyes and pulled the blankets around me tighter. I glanced to my left and saw Mr. Harrison standing in the dark. I shrieked and hid my face behind the blanket.

"Hey, hey, hey, it's ok. I just wanted to see how you're doing."

"Wh-where is everyone?"

"Your mother was tired and was convinced to go home and sleep by your father. The lads had to go to the studio and do work. Don't worry, they'll be back in a few hours."

"Mr. Harrison, it's dangerous for you to be here."

He brushed his cold hand across my cheek and I winced. "I thought you were mad at me."

I shook my head. "My mom said I can't go into the forest anymore."

He frowned. "Why?"

"She thought I was hooking up with Paul."

His face turned a strange combination of confused, alarmed, and jealous. "What happened? Did you get hurt?"

I shook my head. "I just fainted."

"Fainted?"

I looked away from him, remembering John's story. My eyes filled with tears as I realised that I was alone with Mr. Harrison and he could kill me at any moment. I cowered away from him, pulling the blanket tighter around myself.

"What's wrong?" He grabbed my hand but I pulled it away from him. "Wyn, what happened?"

I felt anger bubble up inside me. "John told me all about you! You're a monster!"

The pain that flooded his face made me feel ice cold. I registered the cruel words that had left my mouth and looked into his tearful eyes.

"Mr. Harrison, I didn't mean..."

He furrowed his brow and looked away from me. "So, he told you? He told you about 1965?"

I nodded, frightened.

"Wyn, that was 4 years ago. I've learned a lot since then." He said, his voice breaking. "I would never hurt you."

"What about that pretty 'bird' from the snowy mountains? Did you tell her that you weren't going to hurt her too?"

His hands squeezed into fists. "I was desperate. I didn't know what was wrong with me. Now I do and I know how to control myself."

"Mr. Harrison, you're a murderer."

The word echoed around the room.

"Yes. I am." He said quietly.

"Now do you understand why I'm afraid?" I whispered, my heart pounding against my ribcage. "I'm terrified of you."

"Then why do you keep coming back?"

"Because I care about you, you idiot! Because I thought that there was a chance of us- I don't know- a chance of us maybe being together!"

His face softened. "You... want to be together?"

"Well, not anymore!"

I saw a tear fall from his eye, but he quickly wiped it away.

"Wynnie, I told you- you said you would give me a chance! You said I could prove myself to you!"

I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "One chance. That's all I'm giving you. If you hurt me, you'll never see me again."

I froze as I felt him hug me, then melted into his arms. I had missed them so much.

"I promise you, Wynnie. You're safe with me."

He let me go and gently laid me down on the pillow. Then, I fell asleep.