Or Face The Fact That Crackerbox Palace

[Narrator POV]

Paul McCartney woke up suddenly, disturbed by a sound. He wondered if he had hallucinated it, but after hearing it again, he realized someone was knocking on his front door. He swung his legs over the bed, his feet found the soft slippers on the floor, and he tied the ropes on his robe.

Paul's first thought was John. Maybe something had happened to Wyn. But then he realized John probably would've just called if that was the case.

So who the hell could it be?

Paul's eyes widened when he opened the door.

"George? Wh-what are you doing here? What do you want?" He whispered harshly, closing the door most of the way.

George looked at him with a guilty frown on his face. "Do you know where Wyn is? I checked her house but she wasn't there."

Paul gave him a blank look. "How the hell would I know? I haven't talked to her since the hospital."

"You're an awful liar. Where is she?" George was getting increasingly irritated. He just wanted to know if Wyn was okay, he wanted to know if she was mad at him, she wanted to know if she was staying with Paul. Or maybe if she had developed feelings for Paul. Was she sleeping with Paul?

"George. Clearly she doesn't want to see you. If she did, she knows where to find you."

On the outside, Paul looked calm and collected. But on the inside, he knew there was a very real chance that George could hurt him, or even kill him. But, he had to protect Wyn.

"Paul, I'm going to give you one more chance to tell me where she is." George threatened, his voice monotone.

"Or what? Do you really think she'll come running back to you if you hurt one of us? It'll make her even more scared of you than she already is. You really freaked her out tonight."

George's brow furrowed. "So you have talked to her."

Paul mentally scolded himself for letting those words slip out so stupidly. "Briefly, on the phone. I don't know where she is, though."

"Listen, I don't want to hurt her. What happened was an accident that'll never happen again. Ever."

Paul crossed his arms. "Uh huh. Good luck convincing her of that. Now can you go? It's cold outside and I've had a long day."

George opened his mouth to say something, but quickly closed it. He turned on his heel and stormed off of Paul's porch and disappeared into the night.

As soon as he closed the door, Paul rushed to his phone and dialed John's number. No answer. He kept calling. One, two, three, four, five-

"What?" John answered, sounding sleepy and irritated.

"John, finally." Paul huffed, rolling his eyes. "Listen, you two are in danger. George just came to my door asking where Wyn is. I think he's going to you next."

"Shit. This complicates things. I didn't think he'd leave home. I'll make sure she's safe. Did you tell him anything?"

"No. If he asks, you spoke to her on the phone but haven't seen her since the hospital, okay?"

"Okay."

•••

John was wide awake now, haunted by worry. He got out of bed and rushed to the guest room. He knocked quietly, but didn't get a reply. Fearing the worst, he knocked louder. Finally, the door opened, revealing a sleepy looking Wyn.

"What's wrong?" She asked, concerned by the worry on John's face.

"Nothing. How 'bout you sleep in my room?"

She crossed her arms. "Tell me what's going on."

John sighed, accepting that there was no way he would trick her. "George is out looking for you. He's just spoken to Paul and Paul thinks he's coming here next."

Wyn's stomach turned and she regretted prying. John placed his hands on her shoulders.

"It's alright. Just stay with me and it'll be fine."

So, she followed John down the hall to his room.

"The bed is big enough for both of us." He said, motioning to the queen sized bed.

"Thank's John." Wyn said, thanking him for the millionth time.

Wyn laid down on the soft mattress, falling asleep as John tucked the blankets around her.