Chapter 18 - Tried

Start from the beginning

"Well, we haven't been... You know... Together. We sleep in the same bed, but I don't dare to... You know. I don't know if she can do... That... With her pregnancy."

Noah laughs. "Oh God, I don't want to know. Just talk to her about it. See what she wants. Do you want a hand pulling some beers?"

Noah and I get to work. My staff is already busy making cocktails but an extra hand is never one too many. A group of ladies, not of college age, seem to have just gotten in the club and manage to squeeze in a spot at the bar.

"Good evening, ladies. What would you like to drink?" I wipe the most recent beer spill on the bar, and set a fresh bowl of pub mix in front of them.

"One Bellini, one Cosmo and one of those Moonlights," the one in the middle points at the sign Imogen made. She's hot. Her brown hair curls at the ends and her blue eyes are surrounded by long dark lashes, her red dress hugs every curve of her body.

The ladies watch with interest as I mix the drinks and grin when I place them on the bar. The lady with the red dress almost licks the black straw before placing it between her lips. I feel the heat in my groin. I should talk with Imogen soon.

I try not to pay too much attention to her while doing my work for fear of embarrassing myself, but I can feel her gaze on me whenever they aren't dancing in front of the bar. Keeping the thirsty crowd happy consumes my time and I don't realize how much time has passed until I see Erin greeting people as she heads to the stage for the final set of Moon Rocks. Matt and Adam talk at the back of the room and my brother smiles. I hope that's the sign that he's finally warming up to Matt. Noah passes by the group of ladies led by the one with the red dress and they lose interest on me as they point at him and fangirl. I think it's great because I really need to concentrate on the new tricks I want to try tonight.

Midnight approaches and I get my customary introduction. The lady in the red dress and her friends push through the people gathering at the bar and manage to stand front and center. I begin with the usual juggling tricks and do the tequila shower. Then I grab my shakers and juggle them in the air, catching two with my hands as the third lands on the back of my neck.

People clap excitedly with the rhythm of the music and cheer whenever a move impresses them, but this one sealed the deal. I saw a soccer player made a similar move with a ball and since then I've been practicing to add it to my routine. I then bounce the shakers on different parts of my arms and then catch one on the side of my head. It hits me a bit harder than usual and I'm glad I used a shaker instead of a bottle or I would have been knocked out senseless. I swallow the pain, finish my act with a twirl of bottles and then take a bow.

"That was amazing!" the lady in the red dress shouts over the noise.

"Thank you!"

"Where did you learn to do that?" She asks while finishing the tequila shot.

"I did a flairtending course at bartending school."

"You are really good. You shouldn't be working in a local place like this. I think you can do better."

"I like working here. I partially own this place, so I get to do what I want."

"Oh, you are the owner. Hey, my name is Wendy," she offers a hand to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Wendy. I'm Rory."

"Ro! That was insane! Where did you learn that trick?" Erin comes behind the bar and almost chokes me while kissing my cheek.

"Watching a game with Wilson. I saw a guy doing it with a ball and have been trying ever since."

When I look at Wendy, her face is furious. Erin follows my gaze and laughs.

"No, shit! Hey, we meet again!" Erin to her.

"You! You bitch!" Wendy tries to climb on the bar to try to hit Erin.

I move her out of the way and hit the warning light button as I get in the middle. Adam and Noah arrive in the blink of an eye and grab Wendy firmly by her arms to stop her from climbing.

"Miss, I need you to calm down."

Her friends watch the scene wide-eyed and the half of the club that's still slightly sober joins them.

"I will only calm down when I rip that smug smile from her face," she growls.

"What's going on Erin?" Noah asks.

I turn to see Erin leaning on the back of the bar while smirking. Matt rushes towards us from the direction of the bathrooms when he sees trouble in the area. He stops on his tracks when he sees Adam wrestling Wendy.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Matt says to her.

"I'm out with my friends. I was having a great time until this fucker appeared."

"I didn't appear," Erin shrugs. "I've been working here for hours. Wendy is Matt's ex-girlfriend."

Wendy tries to get loose from Adam's grip, but then two of our security guys approach and she stops struggling.

"Leave without causing a bigger scene. Otherwise, I will call the police," Adam says.

"Who the hell do you think you are? You don't own this place. Do something Rory!"

"I said I own this place partially. So do all of them," I point first at the guys and then at Erin.

Wendy looks stunned as our security guys escort her to the exit. Erin shakes her head and laughs while Matt looks terribly embarrassed.

"Oh, that was an amusing end of the evening," she says.

"What happened before between you two?" Adam asks.

"I met her during our first date where she called me trash. She was pissed that he was having a good time."

Adam looks at Matt and pats his shoulder. "I told you, Thursdays are wild at Moonlight House."