Chapter 7: The Second Gym Challenge!

Start from the beginning

"We have to fight it," Marshall said. "It'll destroy the place if we don't," He added.

Kylie nodded. "But Scorbunny isn't near strong enough yet! You've taken down a Gym Leader, I'll have to leave it to you," She said.

"Wow, how cliche. Thanks Kylie, you're a real help."

Marshall then approached the wild Absol, who was snarling at him.

"Show me what ya got. Let's go Lycanroc!" Marshall called, and Lycanroc stepped in front of him, ready to battle. The Absol immediately retaliated to the sudden challenge with Dark Pulse, it striking Lycanroc. It was pretty powerful, and Lycanroc seemed to take more damage than anticipated. "Lycanroc, use Rock Slide!" He called. The rocks came tumbling down on the Absol as Lycanroc threw them from the air, as if it was a slide. The Absol remained vigilant. He attacked this time with an up front Night Slash, Lycanroc getting slit by the attack on his side in the process of dodging it. Lycanroc retaliated with a move Marshall hadn't seen before, but then recognized as Brick Break.

"How'd he learn that?!" Marshall exclaimed. This attack did Super Effective damage to the Absol, and the Absol almost fell to the ground. It continued to thrash wildly though, sending random attacks everywhere. Marshall knew that it was going to hurt itself, or even someone else, so, he took out a Great Ball. "Hope this works!" He mumbled, and threw it.

Shook once..

Shook twice..

Shook three times..

It broke free!

Marshall growled. The Absol then targeted him rather than his Pokemon.

"Uh oh," Marshall backed off, and watched as it pounced. Nei had broken free from his Pokeball (with a little help from Kylie) and tackled the Absol before it reached Marshall. The Absol didn't receive ANY damage from it though, and simply hit it with his paw and knocked Nei to the ground. It started to approach again, and Marshall quickly fumbled another Great Ball out.

It pounced again.

It pinned Marshall to the ground, and Marshall lost his gripping on the Great Ball he had in his hand. He struggled to reach for it when he felt an excruciating pain in his shoulder, realizing the Absol bit down on him. He gave off a bloodcurdling scream, before grabbing the Great Ball and slamming it into the side of the Absol before dropping the ball. The weight was lifted off him, and taken into the Great Ball. Marshall quickly retreated from the Great Ball, afraid of what would happen if it broke free again.

Shook once..

Shook twice..

Shook three times..

And a small click was heard throughout the silent area. Or, maybe Marshall was losing consciousness. He noticed his vision was blurring, and his shoulder was bleeding out still.

He grabbed the Great Ball and slipped it on his belt, before hitting the ground. He made out two figures above him, which could he assumed could only be Kylie and Lycanroc, before he faded out of consciousness.

~~

A certain amount of time later...

~~

Marshall blinked several times as he stared directly into a light that was above him. Sitting up, he looked around. He was in a hospital. He looked at his left shoulder, that of which was bandaged. He sighed in relief. "Thank goodness it was my shoulder and not my neck." Marshall said aloud, which caused someone in the room he could not see to jump up and come around the corner. It was Kylie!

"Kylie, hey." He said.

"You're finally awake!" She called.

"Yeah, that blood loss must've done a number on me, huh?" He asked, rhetorically.