Prologue

September 6th, 2010

Tessa Jackson always adored her older sister. She wished that she could be just like her. Isabelle was always a beautiful girl that captivated the attention of everyone around her. There were always girls wishing to talk to her or boys wanting to date her. Isabelle was also very smart, which couldn't be said the same for Tessa. Even though Tessa loved Isabelle more than anything, she couldn't help, but always feel like she was in her shadow. But there was one thing about Isabelle that Tessa was happy she didn't have.

Isabelle had powers.

Tessa wasn't born with these powers like her sister was. In fact, she wasn't exactly sure how her sister got these powers. Just like in reality, Isabelle had the ability to create anything she wanted in the palm of her hand. Literally. If Isabelle wanted an apple, all she had to do was think about it, and it would form right in her hand. Isabelle only told Tessa and one other person about these powers. That person was her husband, Alexander Claron.

Isabelle and Alexander met in college. Isabelle was studying for a degree in biochemistry while Alexander was studying for a degree in psychology. Alexander was a few years older than Isabelle, but that didn't stop him from approaching her one day at lunch. The two became inseparable and eventually married. Tessa still hoped to find a love like Isabelle and Alexander's, even if it didn't last forever.

One night, Tessa got a call from her sister in tears telling her that Alexander was killed in a car accident. Isabelle was only five months pregnant when he died. It always broke her heart knowing that her daughter would never get to meet her father. Since then, Isabelle closed herself off to love. She couldn't bare the thought of opening herself up to somebody only to lose them again so suddenly. The only thing she had left of Alexander was the greatest gift she could ever receive: their daughter, Molly Claron.

Today was Molly's sixth birthday. Tessa couldn't help, but feel excited as she got out of her car. As she opened the trunk, she could hear everyone in the backyard talking and laughing. She pulled the large wrapped box that contained Molly's dollhouse out of the car and closed the trunk behind her. Tessa knew that Molly would love it. While Isabelle was at work, Tessa would watch Molly before she had to go work the evening shift at the hospital. She didn't mind though. She absolutely adored Molly, just about as much as Isabelle. Tessa would do anything for her little niece.

When she made it around the back of the house, Tessa took a deep breath before opening the door to the gate. Many family and friends were gathered all around the backyard chattering amongst themselves. Some people Tessa knew greeted her as she searched for any signs of her sister. Finally, she spotted Isabelle talking to their cousin, Melissa, who she couldn't stand for the life of her. Isabelle was always nicer than Tessa had ever been. Tessa stumbled her way through the crowd with Molly's large present to get to her sister as their cousin walked off. Isabelle couldn't help, but laugh when Tessa finally reached her, who was out of breath with messy hair.

"As usual, fifteen minutes late," Isabelle joked when Tessa finally got herself situated.

Tessa gave her sister a look in response while saying, "I actually did leave early. I left at 4:45."

"Tess, the party started at five," Isabelle reminded her.

"I know, Izzy. I really did try to get here on time. There was a lot of traffic," Tessa sighed, starting to feel bad for showing up late to her niece's birthday.

Isabelle just gave her sister a warm smile and said, "Relax, I'm just giving you a hard time. Here, let me take that. Molly's going to love it."

As Isabelle placed the large present on the table with all of the rest, Tessa looked around through the crowd to catch any sign of Molly. She asked her sister, "Where is she?"