t w e n t y t w o

Start from the beginning

Before he left for the gym, he gently pulled the blanket around her when he noticed that both of her legs were sticking out of the comforter. The last thing he wanted was for her to get cold.

It was still dark when he arrived on the first floor gym. The surrounding glass wall allowed anyone who occupied the gym to enjoy the natural light as well as view. It was open to whoever wanted to workout and accessible from the outside with a swipe of a card that Xavier personally gave out. Besides him, the guys in security frequented the gym.

An hour later, he went back to his room where Aurora was now sprawled out on the bed with both her feet sticking out again. He gently tucked her back in and then took a quick shower before crawling back into bed, making sure to pull her soft body close.

He had fallen back asleep quickly, something that usually never happened, as he would either be doing work at home or heading to the office. By the time he came to, it was already 10 in the morning.

And to his confusion, she had disappeared.

Figuring that she was probably exploring the house, he quickly tugged on his grey sweatpants and made his way down the stairs, heading towards the kitchen where he heard voices. With her back facing him, Aurora stood leaning over the counter on her elbows, conversing with his housekeeper.

He stood back as he took in the sight of his girl standing barefoot in his kitchen. Since it was slightly chilly in his house, she had stolen a sweatshirt from his closet to wear over his t-shirt. They were a couple sizes too big for her, both ending just above her knees.

"Good morning, Mr. Knight," called out Rosa, who had noticed him the moment he had stepped foot into the kitchen.

Rosa was an older lady who had been working for him since he had graduated from college. She only came around once a week, sometimes twice, to make sure the house wasn't left a mess. Her husband took care of the gardening and Xavier paid them both generously for their dedicated work around the house.

Rosa was an amazing baker and often left delicious treats in the fridge for him. Both his family and friends loved her desserts, which definitely contributed to them staying over often, especially Liam. She even went over to Xavier's parents house often to bake with Xavier's mother.

"Good morning Rosa," Xavier mumbled sleepily. Aurora blushed as Xavier wrapped an arm around her waist, leaning down so his face was buried in her neck.

"I'm going to go see if Jose needs any help," Rosa gave the couple a warm smile. Her eyes crinkled with happiness as she quickly scurried out of the kitchen, giggling like a young school girl. This was the first time she had seen Xavier with a woman and she wondered if his mother knew.

Aurora turned around in his arms, swiping away the hair from his forehead. She had to bite back a giggle as she tried to smooth down his bed hair. He looked like a puppy when he woke up, especially with his hair left in its natural state.

"Good morning," she giggled, pecking his lips. His eyes were blinking slowly as he seemed to still be sleepy.

"Good morning, love," he murmured, looking down at her before placing a lingering kiss on her lips. She was a vision with her face bare from any makeup and her hair falling naturally down her back. "You left me alone in bed."

She grinned up at him. "You were sleeping so well— I didn't want to wake you. And then I met Rosa and she is just the sweetest lady I've ever met."

Xavier yawned, running a hand through his messy hair as he slowly came out of his sleepy state. "What were you two talking about?"

"Just about her baking. She said she would teach me some of her secret recipes," grinned Aurora happily. She had baked once or twice before, but the thought of actually learning how to bake properly excited her.