Chapter 10: The Cursed Island of Galuna

Start from the beginning

Lucy looked to the side. "We just thought if we worked together we would be able to help them..."

Erza looked unmoved. Her eyes were unreadable. "None of that is my concern."

"Please Erza, let us finish this job!" Lucy pleaded, "We can't leave things this way!"

Erza then drew her blade, pointing it at Lucy's neck. She glowered down at her intensely, as if she were putting all her anger on Lucy. "I don't think you understand. The three of you have betrayed Master Makarov! You'll be lucky if you walk away with your lives."

"Hey." Ramza spoke up. "Isn't that a little too much, Erza?"

She scowled at him. "A little too much? More like too little!"

"Hear me out, would you?" Ramza shuffled nervously as Erza's eyes locked on him. "I know that these guys broke the rules and stuff, but they had reason to do so. It wouldn't be smart, or more so immoral, to take their lives without first hearing them out."

"She's serious about killing us?" Lucy said, her voice nearly inaudible.

"She's got a sharp sword pointed at you." Ramza deadpanned. "Duh." 

Lucy gulped. "That's true..."

"Hmph." Erza's sword disappeared in a magic circle. "I suppose that your statement is plausible. However, we can't just let them and do what they please."

She then reached into Ramza's bag and brought out a length of rope, which she used to tie up Lucy and Happy. She made it tight so that they couldn't escape easily, and grabbed the end of it.

"You mentioned villagers?" Erza asked, a certain thinness in her voice.

"Y-yeah. That way." Lucy pointed in the west direction.

"Come. We shall stay the night there." She pulled the rope and Lucy and Happy hobbled along like prisoners. 

"Man, is this even legal?" Ramza said aloud, then followed Erza into the village.

When they entered, the villagers gave them weird looks as to why a blonde girl and a blue cat were tied up and were dragged by a very angry looking lady. Ramza waved at them and tried to send them an 'its-fine' look, but they looked even more bewildered than before.

The villagers were thankful that there were Fairy Tail reinforcements, and gave them a tent as soon as possible. When they asked about the roped up Lucy and Happy, Erza just shrugged.

"They did something wrong and they need to be monitored." She said.

"Uh yeah, sure. That." Ramza coughed.

Erza then tied the prisoners Lucy and Happy on a post and got from her pack a bedroll which she would use to sleep in. She laid it flat on the floor, and Ramza got his own bedroll as well.

"Um... Where will we sleep?" Lucy asked nervously.

"There." Erza said simply.

"You mean, standing up?" Lucy said in disbelief. "We can't sleep like this!"

"Aye..." Anime tears flowed down Happy's face.

"Despite what you did, you still demand that? You should be grateful that you even get to sleep!" Erza growled at them. "We'll discuss about your unacceptable actions in the morning. Ramza, make sure that they don't escape."

"Alright then." He then placed his bedroll on the floor and put down his pack as a makeshift pillow. He requipped his wakizashi into his hand and sat on his bedroll, facing the two captives.