Life goes on (in Devildom)

Start from the beginning

The next day she entered the office with Beel carrying a big box in his arms. Lucifer raised his brows.

"What is this?" he asked suspiciously.

"Good morning to you too, Lucifer," she said cheerfully. "Beel, put it here, next to my desk, please. Thanks for your help! The lunch is on me today, ok?"

"You've got it Lhori!" Beel replied with a grin. "See you at Hell's Kitchen at 12!" He waved at Lucifer and left.

She unpacked the box and plugged in her machines. Lucifer was still looking at her suspiciously.

"What are you doing, Lhori?"

"I'm working, Lucifer. I told you, I refuse to do unnecessary manual work. All those report that you are doing..." she weaved over piles of papers on his desk. "You will do at least twice as fast on the computer. Here, I brought one for you too." She put a sleek black laptop on his desk. He looked at it and then on her again.

"I don't need it. Diavolo like the reports to be handwritten."

"Did he ever said that to you?"

"Well no, but..."

"Have you tried to use the printer for multiple copies?"

"No, but..."

"Then try first," she said with a sweet smile. "If he rejects it, you can go back to handwriting everything. But think how much time will you save if he actually accepts it!"

"Ok, I give it a try," he said with a heavy sigh.

"Great, you will love it, you'll see!"

***

A few weeks have passed and they only got more and more work every day. When she came back from lunch one day Lucifer was still at his desk with the same frown on his face working on his documents. She put a takeaway paper bag on his desk. He looked at her surprised.

"What is it?" he asked in an annoyed tone.

"Your lunch," she replied. He picked up the bag from his desk.

"Don't put it here, it could soil the documents!"

"Well, you're welcome," she said rolling her eyes and getting back to her desk.

"I didn't ask you to bring me lunch."

"Did you have your lunch?"

"No."

"Were you planning to go somewhere?"

"No."

"Then, you're welcome."

"You don't have to bring me lunch."

"If you faint here from hunger I will not drag you home," she huffed. "So, please stop your whining, and eat your damn lunch!" He looked at her with annoyance.

"Thank you," he muttered, but he put the bag on the floor and got back to his work. She scoffed. He was impossible. She didn't know what was up with him lately, but he was in a really bad mood. She was not going to ask him again what's wrong. She took out her headphones, put on music, and got back to her work.

After some time she felt something soft hit her head. A small paper ball was rolling off her desk. She looked up to see Lucifer looking impatiently at her.

"What?" she asked taking her headphones off.

"Can you please not wear those in the office? I was trying to talk to you for over five minutes now."