"Not at all." He replies.

I smile and turn the page on the menu. "Oh, wow! This is an endless list of drinks!"

"I know. I memorized them while waiting for you."

I squint my eyes at him. "I wasn't that late."

He chuckles, showcasing that beautiful smile and my eyes fall down on the menu again, I need a drink. Fast.

The waiter arrives just in time to take my order.

"I'll have the Sassy Lassy just because it sounds fun." I announce.

He takes my menu and promises to come back with it.

"So, how have you been? How's work?" He wonders.

I puff. "I had to take the day off, it's too much, you know?"

He frowns. "Oh! I thought you were running late because of work."

"No!" I wave my hand dismissively. "I gave Krisha a ride home and got lost on my way back here."

"Who is Krisha?"

"She's my housekeeper."

He crosses his arms over the table. "You gave your housekeeper a ride home?"

"Yeah. I had time, why not?"

He tilts his head to the side and inspects my face for a couple of seconds. "That's very... nice of you."

I smile and put a strand of hair behind my ear as I try to think of something else to talk about. Where is my drink?

A couple of waiters swoosh by our table and there seems to be a commotion coming from downstairs.

I look over my shoulder and recognize a couple of the men in white kanduras.

Oh, no.

This can't be happening.

They move to the side and his figure emerges as he waves a hand to the people taking pictures from one of the tables.

"That's Sheikh Hamdan." Farouk says.

I turn my head and pinch the bridge of my nose. "Of course he is."

I look down, trying to hide my face. My purse might save me and I begin digging in it as if there was an exit door in it.

"Layla?"

I freeze and slowly lift my head up.

"Hi." I give Hamdan a fake smile and then look at the men accompanying him. "Good evening, gentlemen."

I know them all, they all know me. Hamdan has been hanging around with the same group of friends since always.

Farouk stands up and extends his hand. "Sheikh Hamdan, it's a pleasure. You probably don't remember me, but we've met a couple of times before, I'm a good friend of your brother Sheikh Maktoum. I'm Farouk Al Qasimi."

Hamdan shakes his hand and stares at him squinting his eyes. "Al Qasimi Tech."

"Yes!" Farouk smiles. "That's our company."

"Layla!"

My beloved uncle shows up to save the day and this time I do stand up to hug him.

"Please, uncle, take Hamdan away from here, I'm begging you." I plead to him in a whisper.

He pats me in the back and turns to Hamdan. "Come on, our table is ready." But he then stops when he sees Farouk. "Aren't you the son of Khalid?"

Farouk nods. "Yes, your highness."