"Wha-"

"I like you, Taeyong."

.... What? Taeyong blinked twice, struggling to open his mouth to say something... What did- What did she say now again?

"And when I say like," she paused and took another breath, already regretting this whole situation. "I mean as in more than a friend- like- I have feelings for you."

Taeyong didn't know what to say. Seriously, he didn't know what to think, what to do, what to say. He could only stand there in total shock.

"Uhhh," was the only thing he could utter and Seulgi's lips formed a small, thin line. There was no turning back now.

"For some reason I started liking you last year," she joked with a nervous smile but it quickly faded away as Taeyong kept the same shocked look on his face. "But then I found out that you were dating Chungha and I noticed how much you liked her," she then told him honestly and paused, waiting for some type of response from him but he just couldn't do anything.

"I realised that I had no absolute chance with you and had to find a way to get over you. However, it was hard since you still saw me as one of your best friends and wanted to hang out with me and, unfortunately, the only way I thought of to get over you, was to ghost you. But that obviously didn't work since I still have feelings for you and it was just really, really dumb of me," she rambled to him and Taeyong could clearly see the worried expression that she tried to hide.

"It's absolutely okay if you want to leave right now, I completely understand that," she then spoke and pursed her lips together.

"I-I just," Taeyong tried to speak, still very shocked from her confession. All this time he worried that he had done something wrong or that she hated him but she- she liked him. And he didn't know how to feel about it. Of course he liked her too, but only as a best friend. But he really didn't want her to feel bad or awkward about this whole situation.

"I'm sorry, I just made everything worse, didn't I?" she then blurted out, forcing a chuckle.

"No, no," Taeyong then managed to speak, shaking his head slightly. "You don't have to be sorry."

"I didn't want to tell you because of- well, obvious reasons," she told him, referring to their previous dating scandal and Chungha.

"Yeah, I get it. Thank you for telling me," he told her gratefully but he saw in her eyes that she didn't believe him.

"It doesn't have to be awkward," he then added and she nodded her head slowly. "I'm still going to be there for you whenever you need me. None of that is going to change just because you have feelings for me."

Seulgi put a small strand of hair behind her ear, inhaling the air as she did so. A small smile appeared on her face when she looked at him.

"Thank you, Taeyong," she breathed out and clasped her hands silently. "It means a lot to me."

"You don't have to thank me, this is what friends are for," he smiled and then held out his hand.

"Wha-?" Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows until she saw him eyeing the table behind her, knowing exactly what was placed on it.

"Of course," she murmured. Embarrassed, she went to grab the cigarette packet and placed it on his hand with a thin smile.

He returned her smile before pointing to the door hesitantly. "I better get going, we have to get enough rest for tomorrow," he then told her and turned to the door.

"Wait-" Seulgi stopped and he turned to her.

"Yeah?"

"Is it okay if-" she hesitated. "Actually, it was nothing."