🥰

*Dustin's POV*

Great, Dustin. Way to fuck up. Why would you say that to her? I sigh, pulling into the driveway. I get Malachi and his bag out as Kylie gets Karlee out as well as her bag. We take them into the house.

"I'll run out to the truck and grab the food" I say as I put Malachi in his high chair then clip him in before walking back to the truck. When I get back in the house Kylie is getting a sippy cup down for Malachi. Since she's having trouble I grab it for her, handing it to her. She takes it and thanks me softly before pouring Malachi's juice into it, grabbing out his food.

We give the kids their food then get ours out, making small talk through lunch. The kids run to the living room after they're finished and cleaned up. I walk over to her and gently place my hands on her shoulders.

"I'm sorry, baby. I shouldn't have said that. You're not annoying, you just push my buttons, just as I push yours. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings" I say softly. Her eyes finally look up to meet mine.

"I understand that, but why? Just because I said I don't want anything for my birthday?"

I bite my lip softly. "You know how I am about you and the kids, baby. I want to give y'all the world, and then some"

"I know. I know" she says with a quiet sigh and rubs her forehead. "I can already feel my gray hairs coming" she says and laughs softly.

I laugh and shake my head at the beautiful woman in front of me. "Good Lord, I'm a lucky man" I say and walk closer to her, pressing my lips to hers gently.

She kisses back softly, her arms wrapping around my neck. I smile against her lips as I feel her playing with the hair at the nape of my neck. She slowly pulls away and looks up at me, licking her lips.

"Good Lord, I'm a lucky woman" she repeats my words as she pushes the hair off my forehead. We make our way to the kids. She sits next to Karlee Anne, playing barbies with her. I sit next to Malachi, playing cars with him.

"Did you still plan on going to the CMAs with me next week?"

"Yeah. I'll have to get something to wear, but I do want to go with you"

"Mama wanted to come up and stay with us for a few weeks to see the kids. Even though they will be asleep when we leave, she can keep an eye on them"

Kylie nods her head again. "She's coming tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah. She said she'd be here at about 2:30 because she doesn't want to get here too early" I tell her. She nods her head and goes back to talking to Karlee.

*night of the CMAs; Kylie's POV*

I stand in the mirror, glancing at my dress, trying to decide if it's too short for me.

"Baby

"Baby. You look stunning. The dress is beautiful" Dustin's voice assures me from the bathroom where he's tying the red tie that matches my dress.

"You're sure? I feel like it's too...revealing" I say as I walk over, tying the tie for him. He lifts me up and sits me on the sink in between the two faucets.

"Positive, baby. You look just as good as you did last year, hell, even better. You look better every morning when I wake up" he says as he presses his lips to my shoulder. I giggle a little and shake my head.

"Trying to talk your way into the bed again, huh?" I joke with him.

He winks at me then walks to our room. He comes back into the en-suite holding my black pumps, sitting one of them beside me. He crouches down, sliding the shoe on and clasping the strap before doing the same to the other. He presses his lips to my right thigh before doing the same to the other. I close my eyes lightly and let out a content sigh. He stands back up, carefully cupping my cheek and pecking my lips.

"Now. Let's go have a good time at the awards show" he says while helping me from the sink. I grab his jacket and slide it on his shoulders, walking out of our room with him and going to give the kids kisses. They were asleep, anyways, but we still kiss them goodbye.

He rests his hand on my lower back, just above my ass. I hug his parents, thanking them for keeping the kids while we go to the show. They wave us off and laugh softly. We walk out of the house, getting into the limo that was awaiting us.

*at the show*

"And now, for the very last award tonight, we have male vocalist country love song of the year" Carrie says into the mic as she's the host for the show tonight.

"Our nominations consist of: Love Someone by Brett Eldridge, Greatest Love Story by Lanco, Drunk Girl by Chris Janson, Incase You Didn't Know by Brett Young and Small Town Boy by Dustin Lynch" she reads off the card, grabbing the other envelope from Luke who was standing by her. "And your winner is" she starts, pausing for suspense. "Small Town Boy by Dustin Lynch!" She smiles brightly. Dustin stands up while smiling brightly and pulls me up with him, hugging me tighter than ever before. He kisses me sweetly before he walks to the stage, grinning like a madman.

Carrie hands him the mic. "First of all, I've got to thank God for bringing me so far in my music career. It's been one hell of a ride. Next I have to of course thank my gorgeous wife for always supporting me and putting up with me when I don't deserve it. Next, my fans. Gosh, y'all are something else. Y'all blew this out of the water and I'm forever grateful for each and every one of y'all. From the bottom of my heart, thank you all so much" he says as he flashes a handsome smile, waving once more to the crowd before he gives Luke a bro hug and walks off the stage.

After a bit longer everyone files out. Dustin holds my hand as we walk to the venue for the after party. I smile as I look over my shoulder behind us and see Luke and Khloé, winking at them. I loved to see her FINALLY being treated right. Luke loved her and True more than he loved anyone or anything. He'd give a kidney for his girls. And it makes me more than happy for my sister and niece.

Dustin pulls out the chair for me so I carefully sit down, sending him a wink as I do. Luke does the same for Khlo and they sit across from us. "I've got baby fever so bad because True is the perfect age for it, you know, but I don't know. I guess I'm scared to be pregnant again" Khloé says to me as Dustin and Luke go to get all of us something to drink.

"I know, babe. I know. But listen to me, Luke is CRAZY about you. Only a fool could miss that. He is literally a dream to True and our other nieces and nephews. He would do ANYTHING for you or her and I know that for a fact, Khlo" I say, my eyes filling with tears because I realize how much he loves them. "He would never do what that jackass did to you. Never. He cares too much and loves too hard, okay? Don't be scared to be with him, or to talk to him about babies or to marry him, because he's already talked Dustin's head off about you two having babies. He wants that with you. And only you. You're it for him. Do you understand me?" I reach over, gently squeezing her hand. Soon enough lips are pressed to my still damp cheek.

"Thank you, little sis. I couldn't have said it better myself" I hear Luke's voice, knowing he's on the verge of crying too. "Your cheek tastes salty" he grimaces playfully.

"Because I'm crying, dick" I laugh softly, patting at my tears to brush them off. Luke and Dustin take their seats and a glass of water is set in front of me by Dustin. I smile sweetly at him. "Thank you, my love" I say. He knew I didn't drink a whole bunch of alcohol.

"You're welcome, my love. Now, let's enjoy the rest of our night before we go back home and have our little munchkins in the morning. I did promise little miss Karlee Anne we'd make breakfast then you her Khlo and True would go shopping"

Little did Khloé know the surprise she was in for.