"Just because you're buying me lunch does not mean I will let you copy my homework." I knew his tricks well now.

"Show's over people. Get going." I yelled at the students who were still watching us in disbelief.

"I hate calculas Gwen, just this time let me copy your homework." He pouted.

"No."

"I'll buy you chocolate cake."

"I'll think about it."

"That means yes." He laughed.

"Shut up."

****

"What are you doing here?" Dave asked, sitting next to me. I plucked leaves off my hair and leaned my back comfortably against a tree. Simply watching, not in a mood to talk to anyone, about anything.

"I'm having a bad day." I answered knowing how he could pester me until I gave him the appropriate answer.

"Wanna talk about it?" He questioned pulling out a kitkat from his pocket.

"I had an argument with my Dad." I mumbled not meeting his eyes.

"What was it this time?"

"He started lecturing me about making better choices, thinking more about my career. How Lily was securing her future and I'm running around without any plan." I snatched the kitkat and took a big bite out of it.

Frowning at me he snatched the kitkat from my hand and gave me the dirtiest look ever. "What did you tell him?"

"I told him to stick it, not come in here and act like a father who cares. He didn't have a problem ignoring me, why bother now." I sighed tiredly not admitting how good it felt to have someone care.

"Want me to give him a piece of my mind?" He asked with a wolfish smile.

"I'd like to see you try." I grinned imagining all the ways he could scare my father.

"Hey, I'm scary when I want to be."

"Sure you are." I snorted ignoring his pouting.

"Wanna spend the weekend at my place?" He suggested.

"Hell yes."

"My mother does dot over you a lot." He smiled fondly.

"That's because I'm awesome."

"Always remember that." He said now serious.

"What?"

"What you think of yourself is one day what you will become, don't let any of these crappy people change the opinion you have on yourself."

"I dont have to change myself for people to like me?"I asked hoping he didn't sense the vulnerability in my voice.

"If you think your right don't let that opinion waver. The right kind of people will like you no matter how quirky or obnoxious." He replied fondly looking at the birds basking in the sunlight.

"I'm not gonna change for anyone, if ever I do. It will be only for myself." I repeated, vowing to never let anyone affect me again.

"Although I wouldn't say no to keeping your mouth shut occasionally." He grinned at the affronted expression on my face.

"I hate you."

"The feeling is mutual." He sniggered.

I snatched the kitkat out of his hand and smiled wickedly.

"Don't you dare eat that." He snarled clenching his jaw.

"Okay." I agreed, as his shoulders relaxed I stuffed the whole peice into my mouth laughing at his shocked expression.

"Your gonna pay for that." He growled.

"Only if you catch me." I announced running like my life depended on it. Releasing a irritated groan he took my backpack and followed me cursing in all the languages he knew.

*******************************

A true friend accepts who you are, but at the same time helps you be who you should be.– unknown.

****************************
Thank you to all the people reading my story, and this bonus chapter is dedicated to all of you lovely people.

What do you want the next bonus chapter to be? Comment and tell me

° a chapter of Chris and Gwen

° Gwen meeting Luke for the first time.

° Dave and Gwen being friendship goals.

The one which gets the most requests I'll write it for you next.

************

I know a lot of you are exited to read Dave's story and I'm waiting to write it. But sadly, my classes have started cutting off my writing time. I hope you don't mind waiting. I'll get started on Dave's story as soon as I can. Thank you.

Until then.