Chapter 19

"So can we start the meeting." Mr Noah asked nervously looking around the room.

"There's one more partner yet to come, then we can start." I answered. Going according to the plan, I had set up a meeting with all the board members trying to bring out the mystery man.

"I guess he's here." Dave said looking towards the door.

A bulky man with narrow hawk eyes stepped into the room, his gaze filtered across the room and when it landed on me there was a particular spark of hatred, before it could be seen it was replaced
by a mask of friendliness. The tightening of the fist, the lack of eye contact, a professional tight lipped smile. The guy hates me.

Of course, I didn't see that coming. The final pieces were falling into place. There was no need to find out anything, this was a pre planned thing, Adam like a kid tattled to his father, and now daddy dearest is here to turn the tables.

"Nice to meet you Liam Rian." I said stretching my hand for a handshake.
He tightened his grip on my hand clearly trying to state his dominance. I smiled warmly, a new opponent in my ring, let's see how long he can stay.

"So, let's start the meeting." I announced.

Dave stood up and told everyone about the company's progress, the details regarding the profits, the funds, the shares were being told to the partners.

Liam Rian sat in the corner the least bit interested in anything that was said, he would occasionally look up, glare at me as usual wishing my death and then go back to broodingly stare at the table.

"So I think that's it." Dave said trying to wrap up the meeting.

"Why don't you tell us about the recent issue in your company?" Liam asked eyes intent on me.

There he goes executing the first phase of your plan. He brings up an issue he most likely created, now let's see what he has in mind.

"Why don't you enlighten us about this issue your worried about?" I challenged.

Liam with precise detail explained the patent situation, I was surprised he knew more than me. He had previous dealings with the rival firm and claimed he had experience in handling such matters.

Translation I myself have done all bad
things so I know  how to handle it without being caught.

"Want to explain how you know about this issue with details, when no one besides Dave and I know." I prodded him.

"I have my sources." He replied smugly.

Translation I have people spying on you.

"So I think the board would like to know, what measures you take to solve this issue "He challenged.

I cleared my throat and said "I have talked to our lawyer to file an injunction, if we can I will strike a deal with them against selling our jewelry in the market."

"Is that all you thought about." He challenged.

"Why don't you tell me, what else I can do."

"As a matter of fact I did this."he answered and kept a file on the table. "I met with the manager of your said company and nicely asked to stop their nonsense, they didn't listen so I had to be a little persuasive."

"By persuasive you mean, blackmail them
about their family and threaten them to do your bidding." Dave shot back.

Of course, this was an old trick of Adam and his dad, when people don't come your way you create circumstances that compel them to come your way.

"But I did the job." He argued. "I think we should always think about our company and not anyone else."

"But we always follow our ethics." I said irritated. Him calling my company 'our' made my blood boil. He was using his dirty tricks for my company now. He targeted the one thing I had ever done for myself.

"Dont you think it's wise to put a person who protects the company regardless of ethics or morals." He asked the board.

This big lump of donkey poop, really he comes into my office, sits in my company, and threatens to replace me.

"I suppose you mean replace me with you." I voiced his underlying meaning.

"Oh don't get me wrong, I'm an old man who has neither interest now capability to run a company as big as yours."he said keeping his voice calm and collected.

"Then who do you suppose should replace me." He cleared his throat dramatically and faced the board members making his voice deep he uttered the words which changed the direction of my life.

"I propose Dave Salve as the new company head to replace Gwen Carter."

What, did he really just do what I thought. No, he was trying to put a wedge between me and Dave. He was taking away all the things I once thought precious. With this one blow he will take away my company and my best friend.

"Are you trying to question, my ability to run the company." I asked dangerously.

"Of course not, I am merley telling that some of your previous decisions were not in favour of the company, so maybe you should take a break, and let your best friend handle things. Once you feel better you can always come back."

"Pray tell me which wrong decision I took which did not favour the company." I asked briskly.

"Two weeks ago you made a massive donation to an orphanage." He said.

What now he's targeting my orphanage,"I believe I was fulfilling my social responsibility."

"I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just pointing out that maybe some of your decisions were not beneficial. So instead of taking a wrong decision that results in us winding up the company, maybe you should take a break and let your best friend
handle it." He explained.

"Those in favour of my proposition please vote for me."he called out.

All the members I trusted raised their hand in favour of Liam's decision. But Dave and many of the members I trusted voted against his decision.

Put your hands up people because Gwen Carter is not  leaving her company.

"I suppose you know the final outcome of
your vote." I mocked. Poor thing went to so much lengths to replace me only to fall flat on his face.

"Ohh Gwen, don't underestimate me ever. "he warned."The game just started."

***********************
Hey guys, thank you so much for voting and reading my story.

My next update will be Wednesday.

A lot is gonna go down in the next chapter, so prepare yourself for it.

Until next time.