Chapter 19

Same Day, March.

Annalissa couldn't believe who was in front of them. Only his name was uttered from her lips..

"Xavier..? "

All of the members of the Black Blood gang turned to him only to have their jaw dropped. A silence passed for a minute until Alec spoke up.

"Why are you here big brother? Aren't you supposed to be in Cali now?" Xavier was also stunned by Annalissa and her gang's appearance but snapped out of it when Alec called out to him..

"Xavier? "

"Huh? Oh.." he directed his gaze to Annalissa who was frowned with a think of confusion in her eyes.

"Dad brought my family with him. Apparently, school was dismissed for 2 weeks because of the unusual weather were having. You know it's raining there and was flooding right?" everyone in the room shook their heads.

"But you didn't answer my question. I mean why are you here? " Alec pointed at him then to the place around them.

Xavier scratch the back of his head nervously. "I was here to visit an old friend of mine around here. Asked around and was led here.

"Hm.." was his only response when Nathaniel spoke up.

"Sorry to interrupt this reunion but I have to ask this.. I repeat, what's going on?" Nathaniel and Annalissa stared at their second in command suspiciously. Through two just look at each other before frowning.

"Just a disagreement. Nothing much." the two bosses just frowned.

"really? A 'disagreement'? " Annalissa raised an eyebrow. She was bored now since everything was settled and she had the alliance she wanted. She just need to finish her other things on her to do list.

1. Get the alliance (√)

2. Get info on Zachary (√)

3. Go to-

She blinked at her third mental to do list. Did she forget about it? Then suddenly, her phone which was still in Alec's hand started ringing. Alec stared at the caller and gave her the phone while everyone stared at her. Who in the world would call her at this time? She thought as she picked up the phone.

"hello?" she said, ignoring the tentative gaze of the others in the room.

-Milady, I'm sorry to call you on your time off but we have an emergency.-

"emergency? What emergency?" She was walking out of the room with a wave of a hand signaling that it's private. No one followed her so. Instead, Alec dragged Xavier to the soundproof room to play the chessboard game Nathaniel lend him while Henry and Nathaniel started talking about plans.

-Our security system had caught a couple of men sneaking around and we though it's best to inform you of this predicament.-

"Hn. Alright, did they take anything? "

-No. The guards managed to catch them but they left a note for you, miss.-

"Alright. Do a double check in the building, check the vents or any dark spots for hidden cameras. Recheck our footage and security system for any leak. I'll be back to check anything else when I get back."

-Yes Milady.-

Then the line ended, but she continued to stared at the phone frowning. Who would attack there of all places now? They would know she wasn't in since she's hardly ever in that place. But she decided to think later since she had other things to do now. Like the plans.. When she got back she noticed Xavier and Alec was missing but she didn't bother for now as they planned on communicating and sending information.

Before they knew the sun had began to set as they went to their separate ways. When they were outside the warehouse though, Logan, the crazy chatterbox ran in front of the group and started grinning suddenly, which scared the crap out of everyone, even Annalissa whose fingers twitch.

"W-What are you grinning about you numbskull?!" Mitchell yelled, running to his side and slapped his upside the head. Taking his creepy Cheshire cat grin off from their sight, much to every one's relief.

"Hey! That Xavier dude said we didn't need to for to school right?! Then doesn't that mean we can have a longer vacation." he said, making everyone turned towards Annalissa and Henry along with Xavier who was just leaving the place.

"Huh..? " Was Xavier's only response, not liking being dragged into this. He was still keeping his distance from her too. Ever since two months ago Alec confronted him.. No! Don't think about it Xavier!

"I personally don't mind, It's up to lil' boss anyway. " This time the gang all turned towards the girl who just gave then a deadpanned look.

"Don't care. But I have some business to attend to on Wednesday, which is 5 days from now. You'll be buying your own tickets back if you want to stay longer." then she walked away, heading towards the hotel. The gang cheered while Alex pulled on Xavier's jeans.

"Xavier.. Who was your friend that you were visiting?" Alec asked, making everyone stopped their reverie and turned towards the two, wandering the same thing.

"Oh. Yeah, I asked some guys around it seems he had just went to his friend's place for awhile then to California for next week so I'll be able to see him when I get back." Everyone nodded then started walk away while Alec still stayed for awhile with Xavier as he asked.

"What's his name?" Alec asked, making Xavier frowned in confusion.

"Rowe Jefferson. Why?" For some reason, he saw Alec's eyes darkened with something he couldn't identify. But when he looked up towards Xavier, he had his usual innocent smile and thanked him.

"It's nothing! I gotta go now, Big brother! Bye!" then he ran off, catching up the tears of the gang who waited for him in a distance. Xavier stared at his retreating back before shrugging, he began to walk back to his family place himself.

Meanwhile Alec was silent all the way back. Everyone had settled down and back to their respective room after they got back to the hotel. Logan was the only one disappointed at the peaceful end though they couldn't deny they did like the brawl and snap shots the two gangs did when their bosses were talking. Annalissa was working on the pile of paper that never seemed to be any smaller while Alec was trying to sleep.

Rowe Jefferson.. Annalissa thought with a sigh, dropping her pen down in exhaustion. After Alec told her about his conversation with Xavier and that familiar name..

Damn.. Just what I need, she thought with another sigh. Another haunting ghost of the past..

---------

Author Note:

The end! For this chapter that is! Who knew it was Xavier? Anyway I'm going to start ending this story soon so I'm guessing around 30-40 chapters, maybe more? Anyway, new character. Who knew they knew the same person?

Annalissa : I Don't know that person. He's just a person of the past.

What are you talking about? You know him or not woman?! Choose one!

Annalissa: (shake head) no. Talking to you will only bring more nonsense.

Hey! Ah.. wait. That cruel.. anyway I'm scared that school will start soon since I'm going to be chase by one of my teacher soon since I still didn't pass up her project, even though it's for my grades.. Oh well.

Anyway, I thank you all for reading, commenting, voting this book!

See you soon! *mwah*

ㄟ(≧◇≦)ㄏ Banzai!