Chapter 30

Xavier was in a trance when he came to the room he would be sleeping. They had booked a room with two bedrooms, strangely he noticed that Annalissa was at the door when he was face down on the fluffy bed...

"Xavier.." she called.

"Hn..?" He hummed from the pillow. It's so soft..

"What do feel when you're in love?" She asked bluntly, making his head jump up from the pillow and look at her with wide eyes. What the hell..?

She frowned. "I am not repeating myself."

"Uhh.." was his first response. Great job doofus. He gulped nervously. "You'll feel all funny and tends to notice things people don't normally do. Your heart will beat at irregular speed and you would want to be near that person all the time.." like I am with you. "why?" He asked nervously.

"Hmm.." she pondered, was she feeling that way if Xavier? Only one way to find out. She crossed to the bed and sat by his side, Xavier was on his elbows as he turned to face her. "What-?" Then his eyes widened.

Her lips was on his.

Wha.. Wha-What?!

He froze but slowly, closing his eyes, he started to return it back. Turning around he lay on his back, pulling her with him as he took over, devouring her. With a startled gasped from her by his sudden movement he took advantage and slipped his tongue into her mouth.

When the need to breathe arises, they parted, both flushed with the passion and lack of air. Xavier took the opportunity to looked over at Annalissa and marveled at the sight.

She was flushed with swollen lips that he was proud to say he did and half lidded eyes that were clouded with lust and passion, her breathing hard for air. It was the first time he saw her this way.

Wow.. Annalissa thought. She never felt that way before and she could feel a blush on her cheeks as she tried to regulate her breathing.

"Uhhh.." Xavier muttered nervously, what now? He thought, never noticing Annalissa had climbed the bed and was hovering above him. Her brown hair fell off her shoulder and tickled his ears.

"So you accept my offer?" Her eyes held amusement as a sly look painted her face. Xavier was too lost in shock to respond.

"Well?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah.. I do." Usually the guy is supposed to be on top pinning the girl but ironically we're the opposite to a normal guy and girl but I don't like being pinned one bit.

After a short silence, Annalissa got off him and they sat side by side.

"So what now?" He asked, his mind still preoccupied with the kiss.

"I will accept Zachary's offer. That way, all this will end. You have no need to help me in this matter." She said in a serious tone, looking at him with a steeled resolve. It was as if the kiss didn't happened at all.

"No. I'll help. For you and my father's mistake. It's the best I could do. " he said seriously.

Annalissa was frowning but accepted. Truly, she never wanted him or anyone else unnecessary involved. At least he had a legit reason.

"Well, until tomorrow, goodnight." Annalissa said as she stood up, offering him a small smile before leaving. Closing the door to her room, she slide down the frame, her hand touching her lips. I wonder is it really him that make me feel this way?

...No matter, what's done is done. But why do I enjoy it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier was staring at closed door to his room.. was that a dream? I might believe if so. but when he was about the convince himself that, the look Annalissa had after the kiss appeared making him blush anew.