chapter 24

I am the Chief bridesmaid for Nora, my dad was very happy because he had lost hope of ever getting married after so many unfortunate happenings.

Nora had given up on love, and she was just contented with having a job and a roof over her head, she has never expected the way her life turned out.

They found solace in each other’s arms.

Love could be found even in strange and unexpected places, sometimes we don't really need to go far, all we need to do is to look closely.

I watched them say ‘I do’ to each other just two weeks after William and Melissa 's wedding .

Love indeed is a beautiful thing when you are with the right person. Sometimes it takes years to get the right one. No matter how long it takes to be with the person our heart feels at peace with, it’s definitely worth the wait.

My dad went on a honeymoon with his new bride to Barcelona. I went ahead planning with Ekim on our own upcoming big day.

Dad already made arrangements for Emily to travel out for studies just like I did, it was his little way of saying thank you to her. The news got to her parents and siblings and they couldn't contend their joy that she was traveling to study abroad.

All hidden secrets were coming to light when I later informed my mom about Mrs. Ortega and her children who happened to be her employees.
Everyone played their role perfectly well in my life, even the crazy men I encountered under the bridge. Mr. Victor’s colleague, the young security man who refused me entrance because I was looking like a street beggar, Mr. Victor himself, Sam the Butler whose word still rings in my head on the second time of meeting me after my cold night in the street, "I'm happy to see you Lauretta, my boss has being looking out for you..." those where his exact words to me and I felt like I was somebody again.

Three weeks later, dad and Nora came back from honeymoon with a magnetic Smile and I knew they had a squeal time, it was obvious they had lots of fun.

Ekim couldn't wait to fully have me to himself, it has been a long road for us, patiently waiting for the right time which was in one week time.

Everybody was busy for my big day, my dad and Williams were not left out, Ekim's relatives all arrived safely from different parts of the world and I met those I haven't met before.

Dad's big friends were coming, paparazzi were already on ground capturing anything that they will turn into an interesting gossip, for people.

**********************
Gabby POV

I thought I will never get to see her again  but here I am getting ready to attend my daughter's marriage .

I can't forgive my self for what happened to her nor will I forget the way she cried and held my skirt very tight  the day I dropped her with my mother .

she begged me with those tiny voice of of hers telling me not to go

"You will be fine Lauretta "

"Mummy!! please don't go !!, don't leave here "

I walked out thinking I made the right decision of leaving her behind .

My heart breaks anytime I think of what my little girl must have gone through .

But the past is the past and I have to start living in the present just like my daughter

How I wish I never left her that day .

*******************
Emily pov

Here comes the day! Here comes the bride!! The music from the orchestral took everybody's attention to the back the entrance of the church as the door opened to reveal the most beautiful princess I have ever seen .

her wedding  gown is so beautiful with unique  designs .

Everyone's attention is on every step she takes as she march down the aisle to her husband .

I never stopped praying for Lauretta and I am happy my prayers were not in vein .

"Dearly beloved we have gathered here today to witness the union of Lauretta and Ekim ....."

As I listened to the Reverend father my mind went back to the day Lauretta left our house full of bruises .I could not sleep through out that night . my little heart kept beating faster than usual because of the too many bad scenarios of what could happen to her .
The voice of Mr Micho giving his speech brought my attention back to the present

"I never know I will live to see this day Lauretta, it’s like a dream come true for me, it’s a privilege to be giving her out to a good man in marriage, my first fruit, my own flesh and blood. If my Mom and dad, your grandparents were to be alive they would have loved you so much, it was their wish to meet you before their untimely death. I know they are smiling down on us right now, uhhh... I'm speechless…no matter how old you are Lauretta... you will always be my baby girl... always”.

My eyes were already swelling with tears  as I continued to listen to what Mr Micho has to say

“I know marital journey is not all blissful as seen on magazines but yours will stand out for good, the children you will bear with him will sing your praise. God bless your union and may he always give two of you reasons to smile... you will bear sons and daughters and your children will be a blessing to you and your husband..."

I was already shedding tears as he kissed  her forehead and I gently cleaned her  eyes so that  her tears won’t spoil the makeup .

Who would have thought life would be this easy.

***********************
Ekim  POV

Watching Lauretta walking  down the aile to me ,my mind went back to the first time I met her .maybe if I had not been in a hurry to leave the office I would not have met her on the road but I am glad I did .

Lauretta is my world and I plan to spoil her with love I could not wait to kiss those sweet lips of her and before the Reverend father could say
"You can now kiss the bride "
I was already kissing her . I poured all my love into the kiss .

"I love you Mrs Lauretta Ekim Roland".

I told her after I released her lips after the kiss .

"I love you too my hubby ".

******************
I am so happy !!!!! Ekim and Lauretta finally got married !!.
Don't forget to leave your comment and follow tap on the vote button .