chapter 19

My dad had emergency board meeting that morning in his office, so our outing was postponed to the next day.

"Nora "

"Yes madam "

"What do you think about spending the day with me and Emily you know since your dearest husband -to -be is not around "

"I don't mind ... But what about your dearest husband -to -be "

"As usual working"

"So do tell me baby girl about that night "

"What night are you talking about Nora?"

"Oh please..... Don't play dumb with me ..the night you spent with Ekim"

"Nora!!! "

"What , don't I have the right to ask "

Shaking my head I decided to tell her a little.... well the details are for me to cherish anyway .

"Well it was amazing and sweet and..."

"Good "

"Yeah and good "

We  drove down to Emily  house but I was told they have packed to another place two years ago, and nobody knows where they moved to.

I stood at the gate for some time allowing myself to travel down the sad memory lane. The house brought back sad memory but then I smiled because sadness has been left in my past where it belong.

I closed my eyes and spread my hand wide not minding the attention I was creating from passersby, I lift my head and laughed like I was crazy, freedom from the wicked oppressors taste so good.

When I opened my eyes I saw people staring at me including Nora, I smiled because they will not understand the undiluted joy in my heart. I quietly walk back to my car. As I entered my car I met my phone ringing, it was Ekim, I quickly called him back.

"Hello... are you okay...? Where are you…? I'm at your place, I was told you went out...where are you...?

"Ekim, I'm fine... sorry, I didn't notice my phone ringing on time, I'm coming home now... please wait for me there... I will meet you at home..."

"What is wrong ?"

"I don't know but Ekim sound worried"

I quickly drove back home and met him patiently waiting for me.

“Welcome dear, can we now go over to my place? he said like nothing was happening

"Ekim you sounded worried on the phone earlier is anything the matter?"

“Nope, I want you to see my new place, I built the house and didn't want to move into it yet until you visit the place, if you don't like the paint color or the furniture I will change it to your choice if you don't like them ”

“Ok… fine, I’m coming. Are you satisfied now?”

We drove to his lovely house, it was in an estate not too far from my dad's place, he said he wanted to be close to me, that was why he bought the land there and built on it.

Looking round the house, it was really lovely, Ekim planted flowers round the compound, his old car was parked at his garage, but it was repainted, he told me he wanted to give it out, he has already called his distant uncle who have no car to come and carry it. Inside was exceptionally beautiful, and when he asked me if I like it I just nodded, I lack words to describe how lovely it was.

We went to the kitchen and made food together, came back to the sitting room which was well decorated with art work, after eating we watched few TV programs.

He moved close to me and I relaxed on his body while watching the television, then he started speaking

"Lauretta... I have looked forward to having you in my arms and to have a taste of your lips again, it was as if you were avoiding me even before you returned, so I still want to ask what I did wrong, what is happening to us...? Do you still love me...? Did I offend you in anyway? If I ever did I'm sincerely sorry and…"

"You didn’t do anything, I'm sorry if I have being acting cold, it’s never deliberate, I really do love you and nothing will change tha...”

He kissed my forehead and just when he was coming for my lips my phone rang and it was a foreign number. It’s probably Miranda using another line to call me, she spoke with me yesterday and said she will call again today, so the call was on loud speaker.

"This is Lauretta Tello, who is on the line please...?

"Lauretta... this is Josiah, how're you...? You left... you left without saying good bye... Even if you didn't want to see me again why not give me a call or drop a message? I felt so hurt when Miranda told me you left. We are both emotionally connected, I found out the day we kissed, does the kiss means nothing to you? The good times we spent together, the happy and fun moment we had, how about that? It was very unfair of you to have left like that, the silent departure murdered my heart, and I felt broken since I learnt from Miranda that you left...”

I looked at Ekim, he was looking at me, he wasn't smiling, he was probably angry on hearing Josiah say all that, who wouldn't any way. I needed to say something convincing and try not to hurt both of them further.

"I'm sorry Josiah... I'm sorry I didn't inform you, it was impromptu, I pray you find somebody who will love you and also make you happy, you deserve far better than what I can give. I love only one at a time, I can't love you the way you want, but someone else will someday. You are free to call and checkup, we are still friends as always and we will always be, my greetings to your family, bye..."

After the call Ekim was looking at the television, with his expressionless face, he retuned back his look to me, then I asked

"Are you angry with me...?"

"No, why should I be? I told you earlier that I love you..., nobody can change that fact, you tried by sticking to me after four years even with all the temptation, I was thousands of miles away, you could have chosen another or better still do more than kissing with Josiah, but you didn't, you respected both my absence and presence, I got no worry when it comes to you, I trust you my love, and I love you with my life... and with my own loving kiss... you will definitely forget what Josiah’s kiss taste like..."

I started laughing at his last sentence. We kissed passionately, like I have never been kissed before. Dad was right, with Ekim's kiss my head was reset in one direction, it sounds funny but is true.

We drank fully of each other and I was already unbuttoning his shirt when he stiffened and held my hands from going further, he sat up before taking my hands into his

"I love you Lauretta don't for one day doubt my love for you "

"Make love to me again Ekim "

*************************

We watched the television and talked some more before he decided to go and drop me off.

Who wouldn't love such a principled man like Ekim?

The next morning we were on our way, on our way to get the special surprise package, me and dad.

I thought of where Emily and her family could be. I thought of Josiah, he will be fine eventually, he may even fall in love with Miranda who because of her grandmother in the nursing home have not being able to keep a relationship. She was the only one taking care of her, which was kind of time consuming for her but she finds Joy in taking care of the sick old woman who brought her up.

I silently prayed that God should keep my mother safe and sound wherever she may be, my dad said someday I will get to meet the Woman that bore me. I so much wish it can be soon, I looked forward to that.

It was indeed a long trip, I slept off with the thought of Ekim  while my dad drives on.