Chapter 25, blonde hair

Start from the beginning

"I think you need to get back to work," I smiled, pointing back at the young man waving Max over. A frown formed onto his lips as he glanced back at me.

"Yeah, I hope to see you soon. Please be careful," Max quickly rushed over to his co-worker and glanced back at me for a second time.
________

Hope walked away, but before she could fully walkout, the man everyone was scared of appeared. Max's heart quickened with worry as Daímonas slowly strode towards Hope's direction.

His mind quickly began to play the worst scenarios, but it was all quickly replaced with pain and disappointment.  Daímonas had appeared in front of Hope and dropped his hood, exposing his facial features.

He was a handsome man, with hair black as night, and a nice tan. Daímonas, cold and emotionless expression changed into a welcoming smile as he reached his hand out and caressed Hope's cherry cheeks, they had turned a light tint of pink as Daímonas touched her face.

"Max," He didn't move as his name was called out, instead he stayed still and watched as that monster leaned forward and locked his lips with Hope's. Watching that felt like a sharp stab to the heart.

There was the girl he loved and had just found. Kissing the monster everyone was scared off. The man that caused this entire war.

"Wow," His co-worker said. Finally, Max turned to look at his co-worker.

"Tha must be Lord Daímonas soulmate, she's beautiful, I've heard rumors of her. I've heard that she had been taken by the enemy. No one knows what happened to her during that time." Max looked at his co-worker in surprise. He never knew lord Daímona's a had lover. Max frowned and glanced back at the couple. Daímonas was now talking to Hope, her eyes were gleaming like diamonds in the sun as she looked at him.

"Anyway, come on man, we need to finish cleaning up before we get in trouble, the big boss is right there, and you're just goggling over his girl," Max heard a low chuckle fading away, and he assumed that his co-worker had gone to work.

'What does he have, that I don't? Other than a pretty face and power..." Max's sighed and went back to work.

_____

Hope glanced back at Max for a brief moment, before looking at Percy.

"What's wrong?" Percy asked staring at Hope.
Hope smiled and shook her head, closing her eyes for a brief moment, before looking back at Percy.

"Nothing just saw an old childhood friend," Hope quickly glanced back at Max. He was still staring at her.  Percy noticed this, and a frown formed on his lips.

"He likes you," Hope looked at Percy and let her lips form a thin line.

"I know," She spoke softly. Percy growled and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

"To bad for him, your married to me," Percy gave Hope a charming smirk. A light blush crept onto Hope's cheeks, as she gave Percy a teasing smile, and gripped the collar of his shirt, pulling him down towards her.

"Don't be jealous, I love my husband, and no other man will replace him," Hope kissed Percy, closing her eyes as their lips locked into a dominant kiss.  Max was watching and Percy knew so he pulled Hope even closer until their bodies were pressed firmly together.

Finally, after a minute or two, they broke apart and rested their foreheads against each other.

"We should get going, we have to find a way to win this war,"

Hope bit her lip, nodding in agreement. Percy wrapped his arms around Hope, and swiftly picked her up bridal style, before his wings burst out, spread widely. With one, the swift thrust of his wings, Percy was launched into the air, along with Hope, as she clung to him tightly. Leaving behind, an intimidated Max, as he watched his love being carried away by a monster.

"Don't leave again Hope," Max whispered as Hope disappears into the sky.

Max signed and got back to work. The day was long and several hours of trash, later. He returned home, to an empty house. His family had been killed by a monster, demigods had been unable to save them on time. A low snarl formed into his lips, as he made a fist. His hand shook with anger and grief as he slowly let himself slide down against the wall. Max curled into a ball on the ground. Looking pitiful and helpless.

And he was, he didn't know how to fight. Max stood up, and slowly dragged his feet against the wooden floor, towards a mirror. There he stared at himself.

A thin, and dirty man looked back. His face was stained with dirt and sweat, while his brown hair was messy. His shirt was covered with dirt, pants dirty. Max was a mess.

Hope was with a king, a man with actual power. He looked handsome, and here he was daydreaming about a girl he could never call his. Max grunted and punched the mirror, hating the reflection he was seeing. The sound of the shattering mirror rang in his head, as he watches the pieces fall to the ground.  Max's eyes moved to his fist. It was covered in blood but at the moment. He couldn't feel any pain.

"She wouldn't look at me, I can't even compete with that monster," With that, Max frowned as he let his head hang in shame, tears falling from his eyes into the back of his hand. 

A/N Hey everyone! I'm so sorry for the slow updates. I know I had said I'd update more, but I just moved to California and the change is hard. Please be patient with me, I'm overcoming a bit of homesickness.  I do swear to try and upload at least 3 more chapters this week. So I have work to do, and sorry if there are mistakes. Can you guys please point them out? I'd like to edit them as soon as I can. If you need anything please comment on DM me regarding the stories! I'll admit I have a bit of writer blocks and a few ideas would be wonderful! Please and thank you. STAY SAFE KitKats!