Chapter 28: Man of false words

Percy, walked quickly nearly leaving Delvi behind. Both of them were rushing towards the throne room. When they got there, Curroption was standing in front of the Gods with the biggest smile ever. His eye radiated confidence.

"Ah, our Hero has arrived," He exaggerated out, as he turned to look at Daímonas with a smirk of victory. Daímonas turned to look at the gods, only to see defeat, fear, and unwillingness to fight.

Daímonas scoffed at their cowardness and turned to look at Corruption in the eyes.

"I joined the party late, what I miss?"

Corruption's smirk turned into a laugh that boomed throughout the gods' throne room, Daímonas could only watch unamused.

Once Corruptions laughing fitly settled, he cackled shortly before dusting off imaginary dust from his clothes.

"I was just telling the gods on how easy it was to take over half the world; China, Iran, Turkey, Armenia, Ukraine..." He listed, before coming to a moment of silence, then another creepy smile spread across his face.

"Soon, I'd be able to call earth mine, It's so easy to eliminate pest, and here I thought the job would be more difficult." Daímonas let out a soft growl before turning to look at Athena for confirmation, once the goddess gave a short nod, Daímonas sighed and relaxed his posture.

"You lost yourself, Luke," Corruption chuckled and only walked towards Daímonas with a prideful stride.

"I'm not the one leading a bunch of lizards," Daímonas shrugged and looked at Corruption blankly.

"I least I have something to do," Daímonas retorted. Silence consumed everyone, as Corruption and Daímonas had a glaring match. Finally, after several uncomfortable minutes, Corruption broke the silence by snickering.

"You're wasting time chatting with me," A large smirk crossed his face again.

"Percy," Daímonas glared, but his eyes widen when Corruption summoned a mist screen, showing various landmarks overrun by creatures that looked like a large wasp, the size of a light aircraft. Daímonas watched in horror as the creature opened their large wide mouths devoured the mortals alive.

"You got to create your dragons, well. I created the ichneumon. Normally the small insect is harmless to humans but," Corruption smile widen.

"I added my input into their genes, the natural predator to a dragon, and mortals." Daímonas didn't have time to react before Corruption disappeared before him, laughing. His laugh caused a creepy echo, taunting the Gods and leaving a concerned Daímonas.

Daímonas looked up at the gods.

"Call the demigods, and then go and tell all the world leaders that it's time to fight. I want five demigods in each, and I'll send four hundred dragons to the larger ones and sixteen to the smaller ones. We're stretching out our troops, so you'll need to fight in this war as well. I want both minor and major gods in each country. Do whatever you must."

Daímonas order caused a short lingering confusion, but Athena's expression was enough to let them all know that she caught on.

Daímonas nodded at Delvi, who'd been sitting in a shadow nearby, waiting for an order.

"Let's go, we're heading to the white house, we're going to need a lot of military equipment."

______________________________________

"Max," Annabeth called out. The young man looked up at her with a worried expression.

"She's not breathing," His frantic tone annoyed Annabeth, as she looked down at Hope.

"Well you do something, I don't care," Max frowned and looked back at Hope. Her body changed. Two large horns grew out with two smaller ones under each. Crimson scales covered her body, as large black claws grew out her fingers.

"What are we going to do with her?" Max asked Annabeth.

"I don't care. You keep her,"

"What the curse going to turn her into?" Max questioned. Annabeth paused for a moment before looking at him with glee.

"A banshee of sorts..." Max took in a sharp breath as he kneeled and scanned her arm as it twitched around. He jumped back when Hope's eyes cracked open. Annabeth only rolled her shoulders before getting closer to a window. The sound of a loud engine roared over their heads, causing both to look at each other in concern, but as Annabeth glanced outside, she saw several military jets heading towards the capital.

A smile caked her face as she realized what was happening, and she knew it was time to move towards their second phase.

"Let's go, Max, time to go," Max nodded and slide his arm under Hopes's neck while sliding the other under her knees, before lifting her up with a struggle.

'Daímonas make this look so easy,' He thought, as he grunted and followed Annabeth through the dark woods.

A small groan of pain caused Max to stumble, as he looked down in surprise, after regaining his footing. In his arms, Hopes face was turning pale white. He gulped and continued to walk, with more ease. Hope somehow got lighter.

"We're close," Annabeth whispered, after several minutes of walking. By the time, they reached a large school building and walked in.

People were scattered around. Some covered in dirt and others with blood. The sound of battles ragging finally hit Max as he looked at the unfortunate souls who couldn't fight.

He glanced down at Hope, to see her looking thin. He scrunched his brows in confusion but rushed to lay her on a blanket already set out.

A cry of pain from her startled everyone, as they watched the poor pregnant girl trashing around, looking extremely malnourished. Max gulped and looked up at Annabeth for answers, but she was nowhere in sight. Leaving him alone with Hope mid-transformation.

"Someone please help," Max cried out as he held Hope closer to his chest. He sobbed and buried his nose against her neck.

"Sir," several hands were placed on him, as they ripped Hope away from his arms. He looked up at them with red puffy eyes.

"Are you her husband?" A nurse asked. Max sat there quietly before nodding. He didn't know what he was doing, but he liked the sound of someone calling him Hope's husband.

"Sir, we need to check on her, we fear the baby won't make it."

"My baby," Hope whimpered, sim unconscious.

"I don't care, save her."