Chapter 21, Superhero

Hope's point of view

I blinked as I glanced around confused. 'What an odd dream,' I told myself.

I stood up feeling weird. It felt different. I felt much stronger. The muscle on my arms stood out more than I remembered. My eyes scanned my arms, thighs, and legs. I was in perfect shape. I even had slight lines forming abs.

"What the hell," I muttered under my breath.

A single thought arose in my head. I needed to go see my family. It felt as if it's been months since I had last seen them. I rushed out of my bedroom and into the hallway. Nothing seemed out of place.

Curiously I peeped my head into my sister's bedroom, were both of them asleep and happily snuggled into their blankets. Any worries wiped away from their minds for now.

Taking a glance outside the window, I saw nothing but darkness. It was late at night, but my body felt energized and ready to start moving.

I decided to check on my mom, to see how she was doing. Her health wasn't steady, but as I neared her door. I heard a male voice. It was muffled but it was there.

"Nothing is safe," He uttered, his tone sent shivers down my spine, and my heart quickened. Many questions ran through my mind as I heard my mother's muffled reply.

"Of course, nothing good comes out bloodshed, but be careful. As powerful as you might be, you still have weaknesses." Her wise words must have eased the man because he replied with a lighter tone.

"Of course, but I must go. Please, stay indoors and be careful. Monsters are flocking the streets,"

The door opened and a heavily cloaked man walked out. I noticed his face covered with a hood that shaded his face. Blocking any visible features from view. He stood there as if staring at me with surprise before brushing past me quickly. I turned around and tilted my head confused. While he passed, his shoulder had brushed against my own and I felt a shock run up my shoulder and then throughout my body. Of course, he barely had any space to pass through. Contact was inevitable.

"Mom, who was that man?" I asked, turning around to see my mother, who was standing in the doorway, the light from inside the room, shun against her back, casting a small shadow against her skin.

"Hope, you are awake," I could see her nervously glance behind me, as if checking for someone. 

"Of course, but who was he?" I asked going back to the main topic. My mother grimaced before letting out a soft sigh.

"That is Daímonas, he is a powerful man who is here to help the humans win a war," I felt even more confused listening to my mom's explanation. Since when was there a war. I stared at my mother as is she had sprouted an extra head. I netted my brows together.

"Wha.," I uttered softly.

"Did you hear our conversation?" She asked calmly. I stood there gawking at my mother, I was busted. I had heard their conversation, even if it was mostly muffled by the door and walls.

"Erm... yeah, sorry mom," I mumbled while sheepishly rubbing the back of my neck. It was wrong of me to listen to her conversation.

"Something about a war," I murmured out softly. She hummed softly before patting me gently on my shoulder.

"A war belonging to the Greek gods and he will be our hero my dear Hope." My mother gave me a gentle smile before retreating into her bedroom. The man, Daímonas had left silently. So, I stood in the dark hallway. Or so I thought.