Episode 4: Scarecrow

Mulai dari awal

"Is it weird to any of you that everyone's walking around in hazmat suits and covering everything in plastic when we've been living here for seven months in T-shirts and flip-flops?" Penny asks as me and the kids pack our clothes to move to another Jupiter.

"Hey, wait! Is that my shirt?" Judy asks as Penny picks up a shirt.

"Is it technically yours if I'm the only one who's ever worn it?" Penny asks.

"Um, technically, yes. And I'm gonna need it. They say it's like a desert out there." Judy says.

I look up to see a glimpse of the planet the rest of the survivors are on.

"Okay. Why do you have to go?" Penny asks.

"They need doctors." Judy responds. "There are five-hundred and seventy-three people waiting to re-board the Resolute, and all of them need medical clearance first."

"The Robinsons are supposed to stick together." Penny mumbles.

"Yeah. Well, it's only a week." Judy says with an excited smile on her face.

"A lot can happen in a week." Will says.

"A lot did happen in a week." Says Penny.

I sigh.

...

"Do you think Smith will come back for her stuff?" Will asks as we walk through her room.

"She can try. Radic knows she's here. It's only a matter of time till they find her." Maureen says.

"What if she finds us first?" Penny asks.

Maureen turns around and looks at her daughter seriously.

"Don't engage. No. If either of you see her or if she tries to approach you, call security." Maureen orders.

"Hey." Will says as he stands up holding one of the Lost In Space books that Penny wrote. "How'd Smith get a copy of this?"

"I don't know. She probably picked it up somewhere." Penny responds.

We leave our Jupiter and head to the Jupiter we are supposed to stay in with another family.

"You know, the Azevedos have a daughter your age." Maureen says to Will. "Maybe you'll have something in common."

"Yeah, maybe she's been swept over a waterfall, too." Penny says and I chuckle.

"You never know until you ask." I say.

A few soldiers head back the way we came rolling the metal box they used to trap Scarecrow in.

"Okay, give them space." Maureen orders as we stick against the wall.

"Yeah. What do you think I'm doing?" Penny says.

"Come on. Let's go." Maureen says as we start walking again. Will stands frozen watching Scarecrow get taken into our Jupiter, but I put my good hand on his shoulder to break him out of his trance.

"Will?" I ask.

"H-his lights. They moved." Will says as Penny and Maureen stop and turn around. "Like he was trying to say something to me." Will faces his mother.

"Maybe he wanted to apologize for trying to kill you." Maureen says.

"Maybe I can help with whatever they're trying to do in our Jupiter." Will suggests.

"There are other people taking care of this. It's not your responsibility." Maureen reasons.

"It is if I can do something no one else can do."