Love Me

Jan 12' 2020

What is it like to live for a reason? For yourself and someone?

~⋅⊱༄♡༄⊰⋅~

It's been two days since I witnessed Jimin's withdrawal. Two days since that memory has been etched into my brain. 

That night he fell asleep in my embrace. Despite the tug of disappointment I felt in my heart on losing the warmth emanating from his body, I separated myself from him and laid him down on the sofa, earning a few disconcerting grumbles from him.

Then I left.

I haven't seen or heard from him since. I know he needs time and I understand.

I just miss him.

Jan 13' 2020

She cares.

That's enough for me.

~⋅⊱༄♡༄⊰⋅~

I was sitting on the sofa, sulking. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2 was playing on the TV in front of me and for the first time in my life I wasn't interested in re-watching my favorite movie.

My mind kept rushing back to the conversation I had with my father last night.

⋅⊱F L A S H B A C K⊰⋅

"How is he?"

"He faces such withdrawals every time he tries to boycott those pills. This time however, he survived their absence longer and the after effects of the withdrawal are not as severe." My dad spoke in his as always calm tone.

I sighed, the unsettling feeling still residing in my chest.

Dad placed a hand on my shoulder and gave a reassuring squeeze. "It'll take time for him to gain full independence. It is a slow process but he is walking the right path now unlike a couple months ago."

Giving a subtle nod, I got up from his bed.

"Good night Dad", I wished him with a reluctant smile and began walking towards the door.

"You care about him?" Dad's voice reached my ears, halting my steps. I turned around.

I figured that he already knew the answer, instead he just wanted reassurance that his daughter knew what she was getting into, that it was what she wanted.