16 - Home

Seokjin thinks there is no break from being an Idol. As soon as they were done with their mini tours around Seoul and Japan, with a new one at Busan, they had to start practicing again for a new choreography. And, Yoongi already was ready with new compositions. To top it, they had to write and compose their own solos.

EXO was busy with their own schedule and Seokjin is guiltily thankful that he did not have to talk to Baekhyun after that night. But Seokjin forgets easily – the embarrassment of that night has subdued, and he feels bad for running out on him. He should've stayed back and talked to him like an adult. Although both of them were drunk and the conversation would hardly have had a stable course.

It is always Baekhyun who texts him first and asks him out. Seokjin decides he should do it for once. He asks him if they can go fishing. The reply is instantaneous and so, Seokjin has an evening fishing time scheduled with Baekhyun.

However, on the said evening, Seoul has one of its worst rainfalls. The rain drops are icy cold, and even the wind beater that Seokjin wears fails to protect him from the cold rain. After a mere five minutes of stepping out, they are forced to go back home – Baekhyun's home.

Seokjin watches the rain slap against the windows, when Baekhyun lends him a towel to dry his hair. Despite him wearing multiple layers, his shirt is slightly drenched. Baekhyun notices that offers clothes, but Seokjin turns it down.

They settle far away from one another, on each end of the couch, while Baekhyun resumes the same movie that they stopped watching midway. It is Seokjin who talks while the ending credits of the movie plays.

"I should've talked to you instead of running away. I am sorry.", he says, his eyes still on the TV screen.

Baekhyun nods, "You should've. I was worried I – I am sorry too. I shouldn't have."

"No. Like I said, I was okay with it. It is like my brain is split into pieces – a part of it says if I do whatever I want unaffected by the consequences, I'll be fine, I'll get better. The other part is more rational maybe – the one that says I should be patient, and I'll be better. Both of those are me, and I don't know what is right.", Seokjin speaks, his voice hoarse.

Baekhyun sighs, "That's heavy and I understand. We'll watch something happy and nice. It might make you feel better. And, Jin – whatever you choose to do, I will still be with you. I'll be your friend."

"I know. Thank you.", Seokjin smiles as he flips through the suggestions on Netflix.

Baekhyun stretches his hand, "Gimme. I've a nice movie that you can watch."

"Really? I'll be back.", Jin says as he leaves to the washroom. When he is back, there is a tub of chocolate chip ice-cream and the movie is about to start.

Seokjin settles down and starts eating the ice-cream. It is after about 10 minutes into the movie that he asks Baekhyun in confusion, "What genre is this?"

"Romance.", Baekhyun says, his lips pressed into a smile.

Seokjin tilts his head and continues to eat the ice-cream. He mutters, "Pretty gloomy and dark for romance."

Baekhyun doesn't reply. He is waiting for one of the scenes – and it comes 5 mins later. Seokjin jumps a foot off the couch and screams loud enough for the whole building to hear.

Baekhyun falls off the couch laughing, but Seokjin is both scared and furious. He throws the nearest cushion at Baekhyun and lunges forward to hit him.

Baekhyun chucks down and it misses him. Seokjin grabs the remote to change the movie. It takes a second for Baekhyun to realize that and when he does, he begins to chase Jin.