0.8

**tara's pov**

"you KISSED him?!" ashton gasped, sitting on the edge of the couch in my living room.

"no! i told you this like twenty times. he kissed me." i sighed, fiddling with my hands as I stood in front of ashton.

i knew that i probably shouldn't have told anybody, but ashton always kept my secrets. and he was (almost) always understanding.

"well, are you gonna tell luke?" he asked, standing up.

"what?! are you insane?! he would kill michael." i pouted, not wanting to even think about how luke would react.

"okay, okay, true. but he's going to find out somehow.. you're an awful liar. you can't just hide the fact that you kissed someone." he crossed his arms and i was about to correct him but he did it himself, "sorry, i meant that somebody kissed you."

"what do you think i should do?" i asked, raising a hand to my mouth to chew on my fingernails. it was a nasty habit, but i had done worse.

"i think.. i think you need to stop seeing michael." he said, sounding pained.

"but i-i can't.."

"then you need to break up with luke. he's the one thing standing in between your potentially perfect life with michael!" ashton took hold of my wrists which made me look into his eyes. "you can't keep leading michael on while you're dating satan in human form."

"how do you know that life with michael would be so amazing?" I scoffed, pulling my hands away from his grasp.

"anything would be better than being with some asshole guy who can't even let a woman walk by without getting the nastiest of thoughts in his head." he groaned in disgust. "we're going out to the club tonight, remember? when's a better time than to break up with luke while he's in public so he can't make a scene?"

"if you think luke won't make a scene just because he's in public, you obviously don't know him." i whined, collapsing on the couch and covering my face with a pillow to let out a yell.

*

so somehow we ended up at the bar later that night, despite all of my arguments with ashton about how i didn't want to go. he claimed that it would look too suspicious.

"what were you all up to today?" kate asked once we were all around the table. this time, though, i was sitting on the side of the outside. but luke's arm was still around my shoulders.

"we had some fun at work." luke snickered, shaking me in his grasp. i faked a laugh. I basically forgot what had happened earlier after the kiss with michael.

speaking of michael.

he stepped through the front doors, the bell ringing and his green eyes landing straight into mine. i swallowed hard and tensed up. ashton didn't even notice yet.

"i have to use the lady's room." i said. kate stood up but i gave her a light shake of my head. she sat back down and i made my way to the corner of the restaurant. i looked back to michael whose eyes were still on me. i motioned for him to follow me.

once he approached me, i grabbed his hand and made sure that nobody saw us. i led him into the girl's bathroom, thanking god that it wasn't occupied.

i lightly pushed him against the wall.

"why are you here?" i asked, crossing my arms.

"i-uh, i was gonna get a beer..?"

"you know we always come here. what are you trying to do?" i snapped.

"i'm not trying anything." he snarled at me. "you're acting like nothing happened!"

"am i supposed to tell everyone?!" i yelled a bit too loud. I sighed and lowered my voice. "we can talk about this tomorrow night. luke has a shift from ten to seven."

i didn't look back at him before leaving the bathroom and walking back to the table. they were talking about something on the news about a new law or something. i couldn't really concentrate.

a few minutes later, i saw michael walking out. ashton also saw him and he flashed me a squinted glance. i couldn't make eye contact with him and just rested my chin in one of my hands.

***

i feel like whenever i update this i double update bc I get good ideas for the next chp. and that'll prob be the case tonight

xoxo thx for reading