0.4

**michael's pov**

"i'm sorry."

those two words that came out of her mouth were what i had been waiting to hear ever since she never messaged me again after what happened.

"i'm, uh, sorry too." i muttered.

"you have nothing to be sorry about, michael.." she sighed. her hand was still wrapped around my wrist, and when she said my name, her grip tightened. i pulled my hand away awkwardly and looked at the wall.

"you should probably go." i blurted out. "i'm sure luke is worried."

"okay.. goodnight, michael." she said this slowly, backing away.

"more like good morning." i said, looking at the sun that was slowly rising.

"yeah. good morning." she lightly laughed, a sorry smile on her lips. i nodded before closing the door.

i practically ran up to my room and slid down the door after i slammed it way too loudly.

it was probably because i was drunk, but i started crying.

i started crying because the girl i had loved for years was with another guy.

i was crying because of the way my name sounded when it came out of her mouth and how perfect she looked under the moonlight, even if she had dark circles under her eyes and her hair was a mess.

i was crying because i remembered the night she called me. she was crying and her words were slurred and all she kept saying was "i'm just tired of everything". i remembered being able to hear her throwing things and the sound of pills dropping on the floor when she struggled to empty out way too many into her hand.

i slowly stood up, wiping away my tears, angry at myself for crying.

i was angry at myself for being in love with tara.

**tara's pov**

when i got home, everyone was dead asleep. i tried to lay down, but despite how heavy my eyes felt, i couldn't sleep.

so, instead of sleeping, i made myself a cup of tea and sat on the kitchen counter.

and i thought about michael.

i thought about michael until ashton got up at 8am and sleepily tilted his head when he saw me.

"you okay? you look like you haven't slept." he said, picking up the pot of coffee and frowning when he discovered that it was stale and cold.

"because i haven't." i sighed, and he gave me a sympathetic look.

"i know where you were last night." he said, and i squinted at him. "i woke up to a bunch of texts from drunk and sad michael."

"sad?" i questioned, hoping that i heard him wrong. when he nodded, i hopped down from the counter. "what did he say?"

"i'm not going to tell you in detail, but now i know why you stopped talking to him."

"that's impossible because i don't even know why i stopped talking to him." i peaked down the hall to make sure luke wasn't anywhere near. "he saved my life. and i.. just ignored him afterwards."

"ignored who?" luke called.

guess i didn't look well enough.

"nobody!" i groaned, walking into the living room to see him poking a sleeping kate.

"wow, did you not sleep last night?" luke questioned, snarling slightly.

"yeah, i slept out here." i lied.

"oh." he shrugged. "well, i have to go to work. do you have classes today?"

"god dammit.. yeah, in two hours." i groaned when i looked at my phone.

"good luck, or whatever. okay, i really have to go now."

"bye." i said, before he ran out the door.

i threw my body onto the couch, figuring i could take a nap.

an hour and fourty minutes passed and i woke up to an empty house. i guessed ashton and kate left without waking me up.

i jumped up and ran to my room that i shared with luke to throw something clean on and brush my hair.

now i had ten minutes to get to my college that was fifteen minutes away. i scurried to get my things together, and after i did, i ran out to my car and began driving.

i was too flustered to notice that i had no gas, so when my car let out loud beeps and started to slow down, i was completely surprised. i pulled over to the side of the road and hit my steering wheel over and over again.

"why me.." i whined, pulling my phone out. luke was at work and always had his phone on do not disturb, ashton wasn't answering, and kate didn't have a car.

that left one person besides my mom who hadn't talked to me for months because she disapproved of luke and the way i was living.

i tapped michael's name in my contacts and called him.

"hey, michael... i might've ran out of gas while driving to school."

***

i haven't updated this in forever i'm sorry!! i suck!!!!

how has your day been