0.7

**tara's pov**

"i have to get back to work now, babe." luke muttered, buttoning up the blue shirt that was covered with grease stains from working on cars all day.

he walked out of the 'disabled persons' bathroom that we were utilizing and i sighed before standing up and pulling down my dress over my newly ripped tights. i walked over to the sink that was in the large bathroom and looked at my messy appearance. my hair was ratty from luke's inability to keep his hands from grasping it and my makeup that was applied quickly from the morning was smudged.

i brushed my hair out with my fingers after washing my hands and then quickly checked my phone to see a missed call from michael.

seeing his name immediately after performing the certain act i just did with luke felt wrong. i walked out of the bathroom and quickly ran out, making sure nobody saw me exiting the men's bathroom.

i walked through the somewhat familiar waiting area of the car repair place and was stopped by one of luke's coworkers.

"tara! it's been a while, what brings you here?" he asked cheerily. he was a big bear-like guy with a heart of gold. i found myself talking to him a lot. he reminded me of my dad.

"just visiting luke on his break." i answered. "i have to call somebody back, but we'll talk soon, okay?" i said after gazing down at the missed call on my phone's lock screen again.

i wished that i could just be simply visiting my boyfriend on his break. but the only thing holding us together was sexual attraction.

i slid my finger across my phone to call michael back and it started ringing. i contemplated sitting down on a bench since it was a good day, but i still felt.. dirty. so i walked to my car and started it up so i could listen to the radio while talking to michael (if he picked up).

which he did.

"hello?"

"it's tara." i said.

"yeah, i saw." michael laughed. "are you listening to one direction?"

"it's on the radio, shut up." i scoffed, turning it down. "why'd you call?"

"i don't know." he sighed loudly. "i just.. i think i just called you without really thinking."

"what do you have to really think about before you can call me?" i asked, confused.

"the fact that you were with your boyfriend."

"i wasn't.. with him.." i looked in my rear view mirror to see luke talking to some older lady about her expensive car. she had a big purse and purposely stuck her butt out when he bent over to show him what was wrong.

"yeah, okay." michael sounded angry and i felt bad for even trying to lie. "i just wanted to say that i'm sorry about earlier."

"about what?" i questioned, acting like i didn't know what he was talking about.

"about bagging on luke. i know that you really like him and i'm sorry. i wouldn't understand what it's like to love that much of an asshole."

"you just did it again."

"what? oh, i just called him an asshole, didn't i? i'm sorry again."

"it's fine, really." i assured him, looking back at luke again to see him flashing his smirk at the lady. i twisted my keys in the ignition again.

"okay, i'm gonna han-"

"wait, michael," i stopped him and he made a questioning sound. "can we meet somewhere in like an hour?"

"i-i.. guess?"

"i don't care where we go. i just need to go somewhere."

*

"i didn't know what you wanted to do, so.." michael shrugged, looking at the flowers at the park.

the same park that i had to rescue him from when he was drunk and got lost.

"this is fine." i nodded, walking slightly ahead of him. "i mean, it's perfect." i regretted this and took it back again. "it's good."

"good." he laughed, and i hummed as i looked up at the sunset. my hair was still damp from the shower that i took when i got home and i was kind of freezing, but it felt nice.

michael quickened his pace so he was walking next to me and his shoulder brushed mine. i looked at him for a half second and got a whiff of smoke.

"oh my god, it smells like you just smoked two packs of cigarettes." i scrunched up my nose.

"i probably should've changed, wow, i'm sorry." he frowned. "it was only half of a pack, by the way."

"in the span of two hours?" i asked and he just rubbed his shoulder against his ear. i didn't know much about cigarettes or how many people usually smoked. all i knew was that it was awful for you and as much as i tried to deny it, it looked hot when guys smoked.

we walked for a while until we agreed to sit down on the side of a grassy green hill.

"are you still allergic to grass?" michael laughed.

"i don't know. i haven't tried rolling around in it for quite a while, so."

"what? wow. what have you been doing with your life?!" he gasped before laying down straight and rolling away a few times and rolling back, bumping into me. i couldn't contain my laughter.

"what the fuck was that?" i covered my mouth to suppress my laughter and he just sat up.

"try it." he said, softly shoving me.

"if you do that again i might accidentally fall and roll down this hill." i warned him.

"that would be hilarious." he shoved me again and i shoved him back. we probably looked like two five year olds fighting.

but as i thought he was going to shove me again, his hand met my face instead and within seconds his lips crashed against mine.

i kissed him back for a couple of seconds before i quickly pulled away.

what was i thinking? i called him and told him to take me somewhere after we had a "fight" about my boyfriend and after i got jealous of some middle aged lady. what was i expecting?!

"michael, i.. i'm sorry, i have to go. i can't do this right now." I jumbled all of these words together and stood up, nearly slipping as i rushed off.

michael drove me, so i couldn't jump in my car. i picked up my phone and called ashton.

***

oKay wtf!!!!! is this

this chp went pretty fast and might not make sense in a lot of parts so i'm sorry

this is my fav story i write i think but now isabella is close to taking over

tysm for reading this ily all

(last chp i was like "im gonna update later tonight" and i think it's barely been an hour lmao ok)