0.5

**tara's pov**

i was leaning against my car on the side of the road.

i hated feeling like everybody was looking at me.

so when i saw michael drive up, i was extremely thankful.

"whose car is that?" i asked as he hopped out.

"oh, uh, it's my old car." he pointed to it, and i tilted my head. "i got it, like... two years ago."

two years ago. no wonder why i didn't remember it.

"oh. do you have a car in new york?" i asked, and he shook his head.

"no point in that, really." he pulled a red tank of gas out of the trunk and started filling my car after i opened it for him. "did you get home fine last night?"

"yeah.." i sighed, looking up at him as he finished filling my car with gas. despite what ashton said about him being upset last night, michael seemed to look fine now.

"i totally passed out last night. you're lucky my phone's ringtone was on loud enough to wake me up." he chuckled.

"i'm sorry, i didn't mean to wake you up." i frowned and checked the time on my phone. 11am. "ugh, class started like an hour ago. i tried to take an hour nap but it turned into two hours."

"does that mean you were up all night?" he asked, and i groaned to myself. yes, because i was thinking about you.

"maybe." i admitted, looking up at michael as he took the tank and put it back into his car. his purple hair was fading and messy, but it still looked perfect.

i wish i could say the same thing about my hair. it was probably in a rat's nest.

"why?" he asked, and i snapped back to reality.

"what?"

"why didn't you sleep?"

"i.. you know why, michael." i groaned.

luckily, he couldn't respond to it because his phone started ringing.

"hey, ashton..." i heard him say to the phone. he walked away a bit, but i could still hear him. "right now is not a great time.. no, i'm with tara..." he whispered.

the phone call only lasted about another minute. after he hung up, michael stuck his hands in his pockets and walked in front of me.

"uh, ashton was saying that we should hang out at the bar." he said, and i was kind of stunned at first, but then slowly nodded.

"that sounds good. right now?" i asked, and he shrugged.

"yeah, i guess so."

"well, yeah, there's no point in going to class anymore." i sighed. "meet you there?"

*

i was driving behind michael's car the whole time, and when we reached the bar, i watched him get out of his car and enter.

i almost couldn't bring myself to getting out of the car.

it was going to be our first time really hanging out.

unless you count him being drunk.

i pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw a text from luke.

l: hey..

i ignored it and shoved my phone back into my pocket before getting out of my car and walking into the familiar doors of the bar.

well, it was also a food place, and that was why it was open before noon. but to our group, it would always just be "the bar".

i immediately saw ashton and michael sitting in the corner of the room. and when i reached the table, i was faced with a decision.

would i sit next to ashton or michael?

if i sat next to michael, ashton might think that there's something going on. especially after i said that i stayed up all night thinking about him.

tara, you're being ridiculous. it won't matter who you sit next to.

"hey." i said, smiling and sitting next to ashton.

"hey, tara." ashton wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me into a quick side hug. once he let go, i looked into michael's eyes.

he weakly smiled and i returned the gesture.

the awkwardness stayed, but luckily, it significantly lessened.

until my phone let out another buzz.

i groaned and pulled it out to see a text that nearly made me spit out the soda that i was drinking.

l: fuck, i'm on my break and i can't stop thinking about you and your perfect mouth..

ashton and michael didn't notice my uncomfort. or, at least, not yet.

t: luke, not now. i'm with ashton.

i decided that it was best to not mention michael. it wasn't past him to drive over here and try to fight him for "trying to get with his girl".

l: i just want to fuck you until you're screaming my name.. you always feel so, so good

this time, i did slightly choke on my drink. i let out a few coughs and placed my phone on the table.

which was an awful idea.

"ooh, who're you texting?" ashton asked, moving his head to read the texts.

"ashton, no!" i yelled, swatting him away. but it was too late. his eyebrows were raised and he had a massive smile on his face. i groaned before flipping my phone over and placing a hand over my face.

"hm?" michael questioned on the other side of the table.

"luke is sexting tara." ashton blurted out. i punched his arm and couldn't even look at michael, but i imagined that his smile fell as soon as ashton mentioned luke.

my phone started buzzing again and i saw that luke was calling me. i rolled my eyes and picked up the call.

"luke! god dammit, i'm at the bar! stop!" i said, my free hand placed over my forehead. when i heard him trying to say more things about what he wanted to do to me, i hung up.

"i'm sorry, ugh.. he's such an asshole." i muttered.

"i've known him for a day and he's like, the biggest asshole i've ever met." michael spoke up and twisted his straw in his glass of water.

ashton coughed awkwardly and i didn't know what to say.

"he's.. not always this bad." i tried to defend him. he really wasn't always that bad, but he was never that good, either.

"yeah, i mean, remember last valentine's day? he gave you a whole piece of gum!" ashton said, laughing.

"a piece of gum?" michael scoffed and chuckled. "what did he get you for your birthday, then?"

"i think he let her wear his jacket when it got cold." ashton replied, causing both of them to laugh.

luke always forgot important dates and never got me real presents.. but it sounded worse when i heard other people say it.

i wasn't in the mood to be talked about like i wasn't there, and i definitely wasn't in the mood to hear about how shitty of a boyfriend luke was.

i stood up, causing ashton to let out a sigh.

"tara, c'mon, don't leave.." he whined.

"no, no, it's fine. continue being in the 'i hate luke' club. i'm going home." i faked a smile and walked out of the bar.

***

i want to start updating more often bc i kinda have this story all planned out yAY!!

my allergies are awful ew

thank you so much for reading and voting!! <3