Chapter Seventy-Four: Rock Steady

"I looked at you

You stole my heart
You were all that I anticipated
I wanted you -- Every part but I knew that love would be complicated
I began to touch -- But you wouldn't let it
It never seemed to be the right time
I started to give up -- down to the limit
And then you changed your mind

And we begin to rock steady
Steady rockin all night long
And we begin to rock steady
Rockin till the break of dawn

You looked at me to my surprise
You were too anticipating
I should have known -- It was in your eyes
That you were gettin tired of waiting
You wanted me so much -- But I didn't get it
How could a brotha be so blind?
I started to give up -- But love wouldn't let it
Then you walked into my life."

-The Whispers (Rock Steady)

Kae:

I spread my hands over the fabric of what was probably the millionth dress I've put on thus far in the boutique. I haven't found the perfect dress yet—if that was even a thing. Before the appointment Sabien made me watch a few clips from this show called Say Yes to the Dress that she loved and I figured it would kind of be like that. I don't know I just felt like when I put on at least one of these dresses I would just know it was the one. I was just about to give up and pick out a random one that I didn't really care about because at this point it was becoming stressful.

"You're not liking this one I can tell," Emily said beside me as she looked at my reflection in the mirror in the dress. I sighed deeply, I was actually grateful that I took the number my mother offered for a wedding planner, I didn't think I needed one until she highlighted all the things that needed to get done for the day, even if it was an intimate gathering there was stuff that had to be booked and ordered. I would have never been able to get all this stuff done in a timely manner as she had; she was so good at her job, I could see why she was highly sought-out for this kind of thing.

"I thought maybe I liked the simple look, but now that I've tried so many of the dresses I kind of realized that maybe I would like something with a little more personality," I confessed to her. Emily nodded her head in understanding, "I see what you mean... I can have the owner pull a few wildcards and see if you like them or not." She looked back at the dress again adjusting the slight train behind it, "Do you want to take it off and wait?" She asked me.

I shook my head, "I'm already making my family wait... I might as well show them how this one looks." I shrugged. She agreed with me and helped me walk out to the view area where everyone was waiting. I could hear the chatter amongst the girls as they all got reacquainted with each other after a long time of being apart. It really meant a lot to me that they all came to support me after I texted them about the whole ordeal; I had grown so close with them and the same could be said about how they felt about me, how willing they were to drop their own lives just to be there for mine.

This entire situation was so new for me, I never thought I would have both, my parents, out there supporting me as I picked the dress I was going to get married to the love of my life with. If someone told me this was how life for me was going to be while I sat during phase 1 of training in the Odyssey, I would've told them they were playing a sick joke with me. But here I was, getting ready to get married soon. Oddly enough, everything in my life was falling into place.

It was everything I prayed for.

"Remember Riny, everyone is here to support you. It's hard to set your mind one thing, there's always another day if you don't decide on one." Emily assured me with a warm smile.