I Won't Miss You

JOHN'S POV ~ 

Drip, drip, drip...       

The sound of water hitting a damp surface echoed between the walls of darkness, John stirred in his unconsciousness. 
"Monk, did you leave the bathroom tap dripping again?" The exorcist questioned, his vision hazy as he opened his eyes, once his sight settled he noticed he wasn't in his bed, it wasn't morning and the whatever he laid on, was extremely uncomfortable. 

Slowly, ever so slowly John sat up, holding his head in his hands. Trying to figure out his surroundings, the attempt though was futile, everything was so dark and smelt of stagnated water. John allowed his hands to explore the walls enclosing in the dim tunnel.
They were made of rough stone and felt of slime. He drew his hands away suddenly, hearing a creak beneath his weight.

Whatever he was on, it wasn't stable. It felt like a wooden platform, the wood was damp and also slimy, but thankfully he hadn't fallen any further. When he peered over the edge he could see nothing but an endless pit stretching on beyond what his eyes could gather.

John unwillingly shivered, it was cold, so cold. Like ice. How could he have stumbled upon an area so cold in this hot weather? Then John remembered, he'd left the house to get away from everyone pushing accusations onto him.

Were they really accusations, John? 

John blinked. Once, twice and then sighed. Why would something like that pop into mind at a time like this, now wasn't the time to feel sorry for himself, he needed to locate a way out of here and fast, the cold was only increasing.

He must have fallen into some unmarked area whilst out walking, but he had no clue what it could possibly be. And then, a sense of relief washed over him when he heard someones voice, not any voice. But Monk's voice.

"John!" It cried through his ears, and quickly John looked up. 

"Monk! I'm down here!" He cooed, a pained smile stretching across his lips when he saw several torch lights travel across him and a dark figured come into vision.

"John? Are you injured?" Monk asked, popping up beside him was Mei, also having a flash light at hand.

"No... Just a headache." John informed them, but now he noticed just how far down his was, it must have been close to 6 meters down from the top.
"Stay here John, I'm going to get some rope and stuff." Monk said, "Mei and Masako are going to wait here with you, just don't move." Then the pitterpatter of feet falling to run were heard.

"John, are you sure there's no other injuries. It's a really long fall." Mei called, kneeling down infront of the hole. 

John shook his head, "no... But it's really cold down here. Really really cold." He said. The wood creaked again and John froze. The creaking became increasingly louder and louder until the plank snapped, John's left leg fell through it. 

He heard Mei and Masako scream, his heart skipped a beat, quickly and swiftly he gripped the beam holding up the plank, breathing unsteady. 

"John? Are you alright?" Masako called, the flash light shinning down on him.

"Yeah... It's okay, my leg is stuck though." He said, feeling the shards of broken wood sticking into his thigh. 

"Can you pull your leg out?" Mei asked.

"No, if I move it might just break again." John said, only moving his arms to grip the beam as tightly as he could, even going to the length to dig his nails into it's hard surface.

"Hang in there John, Monk will be back any minute." Masako informed him, John let out a sigh of relief at her assurance, but it soon melted away when he felt fingers clutch his ankle. 
Fingers? A hand from beneath him, that was impossible.