The Fall

AYAKO'S POV ~

Ayako gently brushed aside a few of the apples to make room for the next batch. Not to keen on the idea of standing near a horse, but it was rare she'd see something like this.
Horses just weren't common in her working field.
The shrine maiden removed a pink and white laced cloth from her breast pocket to wipe her forehead of any sweat.
Ashley smiled back at her from the ladder.
"You right? Not to keen on this heat?" She questioned coarsely.
"Oh dear no. But I was expecting it to be hot here. But not like this. It's only spring isn't it?" Ayako asked.
"Yep. Spring is usually really hot aswell." Ashley remarked. Throwing down an apple for her to catch.
Ayako clumsily managed to clasp it.
"You're used to it than?" She asked.
"Yeah. It's nice to come out, do the work we need too and than relax inside. Grandmother got air conditioning put in last year so we're gonna be fine. It really cools the house down." Ashley said and began stepping down from the ladder.
"That sounds lovely." Ayako said. Whirling around quickly when she heard the sound of wood cracking.
"Ashley!" She cried. Reaching to grab the falling girl. Being just in time, she clashed with her and they both fell. But thankfully with way less impact than originally would have occurred.
"Oh dear. Are you alright?" She asked. Clasping the girl's shoulders. Noticing blood on her ankle, most likely from the snapped for rest.
"Come on. We need to get you back to the house. Now." Ayako panicked. Blood wasn't exactly her thing, but she had to help.

JOHN'S POV ~

John had been told by his grandmother it'd be good for him to help in the girls in the field. Just incase the pony started acting up or something.
He quietly walked along the rows of fruit tree's. Whistling a quiet unknown tune to himself.
He often found himself whistling or humming this tune. But he could never figure out where it came from.
It never seemed familiar to anyone else in the family or anyone he knew.
John froze in his tracks, a girl. A young girl. She seemed about 13 years old, wearing a white dress, and she had her brown hair tied in twin tails.
John looked at the unfamiliar adolescents for a moment before stepping forward, smiling gently.
"What're you doing all the way out here sweetheart. It's far to hot to be wondering around... Where are your parents? Are you here for the church ceremony?"
A long and awkward silence washed over the two, the girl was sad. She began to tear.
John blinked a few times.
"Uh... Hey, it's alright. We'll find..." John was cut off, a cold sensation prickled along the back of his neck.
"You forgot me..."
John's eyes widened, "e..eh? What?" The cold feeling became stronger. Almost like his entire body was freezing over.
"You forgot me, John!" She screamed. Her tears began turning to blood. Her skin fading into a sickly colour.
John's heart beat began to pulse rapidly, his breathing racing to keep up with it. Her anger becoming fierce.
But the horror suddenly collapsed when John heard a shriek just in the distance. The sensation, the girl and his fear disappeared.
He surveyed the area quickly but didn't waste anytime running toward the source of the scream.
By time he'd gotten there, he saw Ashley, possibly injured and Ayako trying desperately to assist her. The ladder was snapped in two.
John raced over, breathing heavily and shaky.
He collapsed to his knees in front of the two.
"Ashley. What happened?" He exclaimed, watching her with concerted eyes.

AYAKO'S POV ~

Ayako sighed with relief at John's arrival.
"John the ladder snapped and she fell. It looks like splints of the wood have cut her ankle open..." She said.
John quickly tore the sleeve off flanelette shirt he had tied around his waist and bound it securely around her bleeding ankle.
"Come on." He said, getting Ashley's left arm around his shoulder whilst Ayako took the other.
"John... Calm down, it's not that bad." Ashley said, "you look like you've seen a ghost. She said.
Ayako agreed to this, John was extremely pale and his hands were trembling. She was going to treat this as suspicious. John wouldn't usually panic like this.
John gave her a calmer look and than smiled softly.
"Sorry... I'm fine. I just, worried." He said. Smiling.
Ayako narrowed her eyes and began helping John take Ashley back to the house. John using his free hand to hold the pony's reins so she'd follow.
They got back to the house surprisingly quickly, the walk wasn't far and Ashley did her best to take weight off John and Ayako, but of course. Mrs Brown and Mr Brown was extremely concerned, and immediately had her put in the car to take her to the doctor down town.
The wound would definitely need cleaning properly and stitches.

John collapsed onto the couch next to Ayako. Enjoying the cool of the air conditioning.
"Would you like a drink miss Ayako?" John asked. Smiling.
"What was with you back there John? You were completely... Horrified." She said, ignoring the previous question.
John laughed slightly. "Well, I just wasn't expecting something like that too happen." John replied.
Although truly. He knew that Ashley would be fine. She was tougher than most of the men in the family. He couldn't drag his thoughts away from the little girl in the field.
Ayako folded her arms. Pressing the matter.
"Don't lie to me John..." She growled.
"Really. It's fine Ayako. Maybe I just over reacted and little."
Ayako sighed in announce. She couldn't help but feel something wasn't right still. There was an odd aura about John since the incident.
But he still managed that innocent little smile, that to some degree assured her he wasn't lying.
Ayako looked at him for a moment before finally giving in and accepting his answers. "Well. How about that drink?"
"Sure." John rose from his seat and removed the jacket around his waist, it was going to be pretty useless now anyway.
"Ice with that?" He asked.
Ayako nodded in agreement. "That sounds excellent."