The House

KAZUYA'S POV ~

Kazuya stepped out of the truck/Ute, the rocky driveway crunching under his feet, he hoisted out a black case with him, Lin wasn't far behind him as usual. He caught glimpse of John and Monk grabbing the bags from the back of the ute and Mei trying to help only to fall backwards trying to pull out one of her own bags, which was stuck under Monk's.

"What the heck do you have in here? A canon?" She exclaimed.

Kazuya sighed, listening to Monk trying to explain that he had packed alot of things. 
"Let's not argue right now." Kazuya told them, following Cody and John to the veranda, the house was build with white paneling, large blue framed windows and a wooden railing surrounded the porch. But the most breath-taking feature about the house, was the beautiful garden. It was so fresh and full of life, birds and insects and newly bloomed flowers.

It was the scent of spring in Australia alright... What a wonderful view this family house withheld, being at the foot of mountain only made it seem even better and protected from the weather. 

But even the impression that this house gave the young ghost hunter, wasn't enough to convince him otherwise, he could sense something wasn't right here... Something just wasn't right about the atmosphere. It was almost as if, there were eyes watching the new-comers, almost as if the house wasn't planning a warm welcome like the people it was residence too.

******

MEI'S POV

"Oh my gosh John! This house is beautiful, did you really grow up here as a kid?" She exclaimed.

"Yep, all my siblings did actually. It's been the Brown's family house for a very long time... All the grandparents take it over at some point in their lives, it's always been apart of our family." John said proudly, smiling at the young brunette. Mei smiled back, noticing an old stone church not to much further away. 

"And that?" She asked. Noticing Monk watching it, with some unknown look in his eyes. 

"That's the family church." John said, "Grandpa still runs it on Sundays." He added.

Mei jumped when she heard someone yelling, but was quickly relieved when she saw a couple of tall men coming out of the house, practically tackling John to the ground... 

'Oh... Geez, they must be his family...' Mei thought to herself, getting over the mini-heart attack she'd just experienced, upon looking back at the house, she saw a kind smile and warm blue eyes, belonging to an elderly lady, she made her way down the stairs. She had her long grey hair in a long plat down the middle of her back.

Mei caught the woman's kind old eyes, casting a smile her way the elderly lady smiled back, she must have been John's grandmother. She had the same eyes as John and Cody, and by looks of it. So did the other relatives, must have been their main feature.

But a sudden question struck Mei. If John's siblings were here, and his grandma... Than, what about his parents? Could they have been still travelling? Were they already here? Or... Had something happened to them that John hadn't mentioned?

She shook the question off her mind and surveyed her surroundings, the tall grass in the fields ahead, the mountain, the house's glorious state and the church in the distance. It really was a nice place to be staying. Much better than a paying accommodation. Here was much nicer and more relaxing.

******

The research team were lead through the house, given a tour of the rooms, the kitchen, which was large and very open, like the living room which was the next room over, both separated by an archway. Most of the walls were a creamy colour. There were two bathrooms, one downstairs and one upstairs, the dinning room had a door, leading into a hallway which contained three bedrooms. Two smaller ones and a master bedroom at the back. Which were all done up very nicely. 

Upstairs was also vivid and open and well taken care of, the clean carpets and windows allowing natural light to burst forth and engulf the bedrooms with it's warmth. The house wasn't what any of them were expecting, it was much nicer than one would think.

It had welcoming scents of flowers, it was much colder upstairs though. John had shown them his bedroom. Which he had painted, adding a nice mural of a tree on the wall, which would give the feeling of the tree holding the bed. Green and orange stripped blankets, white curtains, an old dresser in the corner of the room which had a mirror positioned next to it and a faded green lounge chair next to the window, accompanied by a book shelf.

They were showed the rest of the rooms where Monk, Lin and Takigawa would be staying. It was a pretty big room. It had two sets of bunk beds, all of which had abstract themed blankets, consisting of colours like, green, orange, black, whites and greys. The curtains were blue the walls matching with white boarders. There was a large wooden dresser and many other little things around the room. Like paintings of fields and horse.

Ayako, Masako and Mei's room was next, their's was fairly similar, only possessed a more feminine appearance and was slightly larger, also had an extra window on the left wall. Instead of bunk beds, there were three single beds and a night stand for each.
Cupboards and dressers and bookshelf also.

Everyone unpacked and got ready for their long stay, Kazuya and Lin had been sure to thank-you for allowing them to reside here for the investigation.

Monk had shown his appreciation by helping John's grandmother, Mrs. Brown carry out some heavy pot plants, at first she was asking John for his help but when he'd tried to lift the heavy crockery, he had nearly dropped it, alas Monk took over and helped her with a few things in the garden.

Mrs. Brown really appreciated his help.

Mei and Masako had decided to help John's older sister, Casey make some bread for tonight's dinner, which they had also helped started to prepare, it was a lot of fun learning how to do something new.

Ayako had been with Ashley in the fields, where they grew apple trees and harvested the produce for the market. They raise all the money for charity and helping children with illnesses in war torn countries. They had brung out a chestnut pony who toed a small cart, which was used to put the apples in. Ayako had found it very easy to get along with Ashley.  

Meanwhile, Cody had taken Kazuya and Lin around the house, helping them draw up a floor plan. Lin did most of the work while Cody, being skeptical about the whole "haunting thing" as he'd say, gave in and explained his experiences in the house he hadn't been abled to give a logical explanation too. Such as cups flying out of the cupboards in the mornings sometimes, he had even used tape to hold the cupboards shut, but this had been futile.

There was also when the electric fence had been put on in the middle of the night on high voltage, it was strange considering the fence electricity box had had a voltage limit, and this had been exceeded greatly. Killing one of the cows that touched it, trying to reach the grass on the other side, they hadn't used the fences since.

Lights flickering, windows and doors opening and slamming shut, curtains would sometimes have rips in them or be completely vanished, along with other objects, such as the house keys, horse reins or something like the butter knives or even the toaster had gone strangely missing once.

But the most bone chilling thing was the humming, all the family who lived in the house would hear the humming, every Wednesday night at exactly 7:00 the humming would continue or nearly 40 seconds before subsiding, several knocks would be heard on the walls and than it'd vanish until the next Wednesday night at the same time.

Kazuya knew this was going to be a case that would require everyone who lived in the house points of view. Which might not be easy...