Epilogue

This is the last part of this story. Thank you for everything. I promise to improve my writing on my next stories. See you there!

Epilogue

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.

I was reading something when I heard a scream outside my room. "Apat mata!"

I shook my head. There's only one person who calls me that and I don't really know why we were best of friends. We're total opposites, but yeah, we kind of connect.

I opened my door and saw Beau "walking speaker" Santiago. "Why are you here?" I asked him.

"I don't know either..." he said and trespassed my room.

It's our sem break and after all the terrible things that happened, all I want to do is to stay home... "'Yoko mag-bar," I told him instantly.

"Who said that I wanna go to a bar? Judgemental nito!" he loudly said and even had the guts to lay in my bed!

"Are you still enrolling at Garnet Academy next sem?" He suddenly asked after a minute of silence.

I sighed. "Yeah, my parents thought about it really well. They said that the incident did not happen inside the premise of the school so..."

Beau nodded. "My Dad too," he said. "But honestly, it kind of scares me, Mac. Four of our friends died... Just like that, they are not here anymore. It could've been us, you know. It could've been us."

"I know," I said to him and nodded.

The world we live in today is scary. Hierarchy War is very rampant. People out there are willing to kill for money and power. They do not care if they would kill somebody's son or daughter as long as it would benefit them. And it disgusts me.

"Whoever is behind this, we need to make them pay. We will make them pay," Beau spat.

"We will..." I said with finality.

My parents are already coordinating with other families in power for this case. But as I heard one of their conversations, the case is as cold as ice, the criminals are hard to find. And that only means one thing, they are powerful too.

Mom is being paranoid on the first day of school. She doesn't want to let me go and I'll be late.

"Mom, if you don't want me to study anymore, just say so..." I told her. Her arm is still clinging onto me.

She eyed me. "Fine! Go now, but make sure to take five of the guards!" she shouted like it was my fault that it's the first day of school already! God! "You're my only son!"

I laughed a bit and hugged her. "I know... I'll come back safe, I promise," I assured her.

I always need to be safe. That's like the protocol ever since, especially that I'm the only De Guzman heir.

As to what I've expected, I'm already late. The Student Council meeting will start any minute now. Damn.

And now, it's raining. Everything just keeps on slowing me down. I was about to reach the Flamma Building when a cart almost hit me. What the hell? Do people think that it's a bump car?!

I almost got a heart attack when I lost grip with my books and they're now fully wet. Holy shit. I even went to States to buy some of these!

"Shit," I cursed out of frustration and started to pick them up on the wet grass.

Halos nakalimutan ko na 'yong muntik nang makabangga sa 'kin.

"I'm so sorry. Sorry talaga... First time ko lang kasi i-drive 'yong cart tapos-"