While waiting for Lexie, Holly rested her head on her hand as she watched George and Izzie talk by the Nurse's station.

"So--"

"Cheese and crackers!" Holly exclaimed, holding a hand to her heart as she looked over at Lexie, "You scared the crap out of me, you ninja."

Lexie chuckled, nodding her head to the Nurse's station, "You like George?"

Holly frowned her eyebrows, "I do not."

Lexie laughed lightly at her friend's lie, "You're as red as your hair." Holly rolled her eyes as she brought her cold hands to her cheeks to cool them, "I slept with Alex last night." Holly raised her eyebrows, "And I didn't know Meredith lived with him so..."

"She caught you with him?" Holly finished, cringing when Lexie nodded.

"Yeah." She exhaled, "I think she hates me again. So I paged--"

"Yeah." Holly cut her off, nodding her head to Alex's approaching figure, "Your boy's coming right now." She pointed behind her, "I'll make myself busy." Lexie smiled, grateful for her friend's decision, as Alex approached her.

Watching an elevator door about to close, Holly rushed into the elevator and smiled as she was able to enter before the doors closed before looking at Dr. Shepherd and Dr. Sloan in with her, "Oh, gosh."

"Red." Mark smiled as he greeted and Holly nodded, walking to the back of the elevator to lean against the wall.

Dr. Shepherd nodded his head behind him, "Dr. Kepner, morning."

"Dr. Sloan. Dr. Shepherd." Holly smiled tightly at the former.

Mark raised his cup of coffee to his lips before looking at Derek, "I'm a person of substance. Plastics isn't all face-lifts. I do many... substantial, life-changing surgeries."

"Mm." Derek hummed.

"How did I get myself in this scenario, again." Holly whispered to herself as she drank her cup of coffee and the elevator doors dinged.

"Hey." Derek smiled at the Chief.

"Good morning, Chief." Holly smiled at him before looking forward, making her way to the intern lounge to change into her scrubs.

"So, George?" Lexie questioned as she and Holly rolled the baby towards her mother's room.

Holly rolled her eyes at Lexie, "I do not like him." Holly spoke, emphasizing the 'not'.

Holly and Lexie's attention was brought to the sound of a monitor beeping erratically and Holly stayed with the baby to the side while Lexie jogged forward.

"Her heart stopped again." The husband informed, "They got it started, but look," He gestured to the baby, "I can't deal with her right now. Could you just take her back?" Holly and Lexie stood frozen as they watched all the doctors attend to his wife at a rapid speed, "Now! Could you take her away now?"

Lexie nodded as Holly responded, "Sorry, we'll take her back now."

Leaving Lexie with the baby, Holly went in search for Dr. Torres since she was chief resident and they wanted to ask if the baby could stay another day.

Walking up to Dr. Bailey, Izzie, and Alex, Holly informed the former, "Dr. Shepherd's ready to discharge Teresa Brotherton's baby, but the father's in no condition to take care of her."

Dr. Webber walked up to the group, "Okay, is there a problem?"

"Uh," Dr. Bailey shook her head, "just a little administrative traffic jam. Dr. Torres has it under control." Bailey assured, watching Webber walk away before she spoke again, "Okay, here's what's gonna happen-- take crap man and put him in the same room with lazy face-lift. They can abuse each other." She looked at Holly, "The baby can stay another night. And if anyone asks, none of this was my idea."

Holly nodded, walking back to Lexie and the baby as she felt as if she had just left a secret meeting.

The next night, after Teresa's heart surgery resulted in her death, Mr. Brotherton had scared Lexie and Holly as he left the hospital. But when he returned, they were glad to see he was happy to be a dad to his child.

In celebration and wanting to get a drink, Lexie and Holly made their way to Joe's bar.

"I told her I could draw with an Etch a Stetch." Lexie groaned, "Of all the things I could've chosen, I--" She shook her head, "No wonder she thinks I'm pathetic." Lexie's head fell into her arms on the table as Holly drank her soda, since she was the designated driver.

"I think I like a boy that's divorced and has a girlfriend." Holly admitted, groaning as well as her head was caught in her hands.

Lexie brought her head up, "You like George."

Holly sighed, drinking more of her soda, "I like George."

Lexie began to chuckle and was about to say something before Alex approached the two, "Sorry, Red," he apologized, "I'm taking your friend home."

Holly nodded, waving a hand at the two as Alex took Lexie away and out of the bar, "Looks like it's just us, Joe." Holly smiled at him before she perked up, "Do you have fries?"

✧✧✧

did you guys know the fries emoji has a happy face on it? 🍟 my friend and i LOVE fries (as you can tell by my name....) and we found out like last year-- it was amazing

also, i just realized holly and george's love story is NOT a slow burn after all but jackson and holly's is... or at least that's how it's looking right now :}