Meeting Zoro

~Luffy's P.O.V~

When I heard about this Zoro guy I had a feeling he was going to be strong. we're on the boat currently heading to the marine base were the pirate hunter may be. Before I can ask him to join, I want to learn if he's a good guy or not. time to put on an act again. "Hey Coby what's this Zoro guy like?" Time to play the oblivious card.

"You shouldn't sound so happy, that man is know as the great pirate hunter, Roronoa Zoro. Rumors say he's diced up his bounties like an animal bent on carnage, a blood thirsty beast. They say he's a living breathing demon." He said radiating anxiety.

"Sounds intriguing, but rumors are just rumors." I thought, but I couldn't stop the excited grin that fell on my lips at hearing about the man.

~Arrival At Shells Town~

Time to act like an idiot, "we're here! The marine base city!" God I hate marines, their all just so fake. well except for one Captain, one Rear Admiral, one Vice Admiral, and one Admiral. You'll understand why I know all of this soon enough.

"you seriously crazy if you think he's going to join you." I think I've given this kid more panic attacks then one must experience.

"I haven't made up my mind on that yet, I wanna know if he's a good guy first."

"He's imprisoned because he's obviously not."

While Coby was screeching I grabbed a pear from a near by fruit stand, took a bite and flipped the lady manning the shop a copper coin. "Hey, that guy Zoro around here?" I asked an obvious question, that I knew based on the rumors would scare the civilians. I knew they'd be scared but I wanted to know how much. As if one que, they all jumped away from me. this is about what I was expecting with how bad the rumors are.

"Maybe we shouldn't mention the name 'Zoro' here okay?" Coby whispered to me.

"let's head to the base and check it out, you want to be a marine right?"

"Of course I do, Luffy, but I just don't think I'm ready for that yet. from what I heard, the man in charge of this base is called, Captain Morgan." I didn't expect the civilians to openly be afraid of the marine in charge of their island. So when the civilians jumped away from us, the same way they did at the mention of Zoro, questions began to arise.

"This town is such a weird place!" I laughed it off, I had impressions to keep. After all, I'm supposed to be stupid. And so, we continued forward. However the gears in my head were already turning.

"Listen Luffy, I can understand why they would be afraid of Zoro, but why would they jump when I mention the marine captain?" Coby wondered, showing me how little understanding he has for the world around him. "I don't know, I've got a bad feeling about this."

I wanted to tell him the truth about, what he was asking. That the world will not always be so black and white. However he will not understand with just words. This boy, in front of me, will have to see the world for himself. "Maybe they were just jumping around for the fun of it." So, for this boy, I will continue feigning obliviousness, hoping he will one day see the world for what it is.

"Nobody would do that. How would that make any sense, at all."

~At The Marine Base~

I was standing in front of a gate that is ten times bigger than me. That's overkill if you ask me. maybe their overcompensating for something. I can even hear the spooky music in the background. "Hey were do you think Zoro is here?" I asked mostly to myself, but Coby heard it.

"He's probably not gonna be out in the open. If you think about it, they'll probably put him in an underground seller." He answered. His answer wasn't bad, but he's got the wrong idea about this marine base. Based on the reactions of the villagers at the mention of marine captain Morgan, I can hypothesize the navy captains behavior is less than savory. Going off this hypothesis I gather he would put his prize in the front yard to feed his ego. So I started walking toward the wall. "Hey, Luffy, were are you going?" He asked after I started walking.