thirteen

"Bye Mom, love you!" Kawakami waves to her mother and steps outside of her house. She hugs her coat closer to her when the cold air blows against her legs.

She's walking to meet Tamura since she doesn't want her friend to walk this way since there's no point in it.

She has a weird feeling in her gut somethings going to happen today. She doesn't know if it'll be good or bad, but it'll be something.

A couple minutes pass with her walking and she arrives at Rin's house. The window blinds move a bit from her living room window which signals she saw her.

Kawakami looks around the yard and sees some pretty flowers that were newly placed in it. She reaches into her coat pocket to get her phone to take a quick photo of it. She's too lazy to get her actual camera out of her backpack.

She squats to get closer and she aims the camera and focuses on it.
"My mom planted those yesterday. Pretty, right?"
"Yeah. I'm going to have to get me some to put in the vase in my room." She stands up and pulls her bag tighter to her back.
"No need."
"Huh?"

"Let's go! The boys will definitely be expecting us. Afterall, who could resist me?" Their feet move away from the house and the darker haired girl playfully pushes the other.
"Totally. That's why you're single."
"Hey! I was just joking..."

A few conversations are held between them and yet again Tamura's being pretty quiet. She's still hiding something.

"Don't open the door so harshly again, okay?"
"I hear ya. I don't make promises though."
She does her best to quietly open the gymnasium doors but the sound still is heard from the boys. A few of them wave and say hello as others (Tsukishima) turn away and continue what they're doing.

Kawakami instantly looks for a certain first year, and when they do they lock with his. She's expecting a small wave or smile but he looks away and talks with his friends.

Her heart sinks a bit at his reaction - he usually acknowledges her presence. What if he somehow just randomly doesn't like her anymore? They texted last night, it woulf be weird if something happened within the last few hours.

She starts to think he's just in a bad mood, except he's smiling and talking about something. Tamura pulls on her sleeve and pulls her to their spot from yesterday.

Their drills aren't as interesting as yesterday so boredom takes over her; the other girl is still interested in watching so they can't leave earlier. She slips the phone out of her pocket and scrolls through social media, her favorite photography account posted.

"Your boy's about so serve, don't you want to see it?"
She looks up from her device and she sets it down beside her.
"Obviously. His serves are the best." She smiles and looks at the boy across the gym. He looks so concentrated and it makes him look even more attractive to her.

A couple seconds later the ball is thrown up and hit over the net - it lands about two inches out. The concentrated look falls and he clenches his fist and sighs.

"Nice serve!"
"Shake it off!"

He nervously smiles and goes back to his position to receive. On the other team Ennoshita is serving, and it goes right to Yamaguchi to which he hits it up at an angle, but Sugawara tuns after it. That boy sets it to Asahi and they make a point on their side.

A two minute break is held and his eyes search around the gym when he grabs his water bottle. Kawakami is sending a thumbs up to pinch server, and he quickly throws one back but looks away. His hand plays with the lid of his bottle.
"Bro, what was that!"
"Huh?"
"You basically blew her off! She's cheering for you and you pay no attention to her. What's with that?" Nishinoya looks up and him, and he's honestly jealous someone younger than him has a love interest.