three

It was the middle of the next day, and both of them were excited for after school. Though, Yamaguchi was very nervous because he was pretty sure he'll be nothing but awkward. He knows he'll need to gain some confidence if he wants to become closer to Kawakami.

Kawakami kept on trying to convince herself there's nothing to worry about. The two have talked a couple times so she should be able to talk to him easier. She fixed her hair cute today in a half ponytail and a couple of pins. She usually doesn't dress to impress since she's comfortable with how she looks, but today felt different. She still knew that Yamaguchi would never notice since she's as average as ever.

Yamaguchi noticed the girl's hair right away during their first class - and he thought she looked beautiful as always. He wants to compliment her but he's afraid he would mess it up somehow.

"Tsukki, what are you doing after school?" The brunette asked his tall friend as they sat at their usual lunch table.

"Going home " he said bluntly.

"I won't be able to walk with you since I'm going with Kawakami-Chan to get ice cream." Yamaguchi smiled as he tossed a grape into his mouth.

Tsukishima smirked a little; he knew that the boy had a crush on her since day one. Yamaguchi made it obvious because he would stare at the girl and randomly blush at her name. He was honestly proud of his shy and cowardly friend.

"Is it a date?"

Yamaguchi stopped midway as he was going to put another grape in his mouth.
"N-No! She's just thanking me, and it's more of a friend thing."
Tsukishima just stared at the boy before sighing. "If you really want it to be a date, maybe you should actually ask her on one." Tsukishima stated as he didn't look up from his phone. Yamaguchi's eyes widened and he stared at his friend. A date? He couldn't possibly ask her, especially today when he can barely even say hello to her. Maybe another day he'll he able to.

Natsumi was in the yearbook/photography club room during lunch. She was staring at the volleyball photo and started staring off in space. One of her close classmates, Tamura Ran, walked into the classroom and saw Kawakami. She approached her from behind and put a hand on the girl's shoulder.

Kawakami jumped a little and turned to the giggling girl,

"Don't approach people like that!" She playfully hit her arm.

"Sorry, sorry. Whatchya doing?" She sat in the seat next to her and looked at the computer screen.

"Just editing the Volleyball Team's yearbook page."

Tamura looked closer at the picture,

"They're all cuties, aren't they?" She chuckled.

Kawakami looked at Yamaguchi when she said 'cutie' and she couldn't help smile.

"Yeah."

"Ooohh.. Is there anyone you like Natsumi?"

Her friend grabbed her arm and a blush crept up on the girls face.

"N-no! Nothing like that!"

"Come on, you can be honest with me! We are basically best friends!"