two

The final bell of the day rung and students hurried home or to their designated club.
Kawakami stood up and packed her stuff, getting ready to head to the boy's gym to take pictures. She managed to charge the camera during lunch so it was all ready to go.

She held the camera tightly while walking down; she probably wouldn't be holding it if it wasn't for Yamaguchi.

Yamaguchi Tadashi.

She couldn't get that name out of her mind. After he waved at her and brought her camera to her, she was thinking - did he feel the same? Did his heart beat fast at the thought of her? No. She knows that his act of kindness was just him being a friend. Nothing more. Nothing less.

How could she think a boy like that could like a plain, boring girl such as herself? Plus, they've had only one conversation.

People don't crush after one conversation.

Even though she did.

Meanwhile, the boys are in the gym getting ready for the photographer to arrive. Everyone had mixed emotions even though it's just a picture.

Hinata was excited,
"I need this photo for people to look back on and say 'Look, it's the tiny giant in his highschool days!'" Obviously his teammates laughed at his dumb remark.

Kageyama acted like he didn't care, but he cared - a lot. He was looking in the mirror every two minutes to make sure his hair looked good.

Tsukishima didn't care.

Yamaguchi was freaking out internally. Not at the fact he was getting his picture taken, but the fact the photographer was Kawakami Natsumi. He wanted to make a good impression on her, even though he's not so sure he'll be confident enough to talk to her.

He was surprised at himself that he could approach the girl this morning, but he knew the camera was important to her. He also called them friends - and she didn't argue back. That made his day; he's officially friends with the prettiest girl in the school.

He smiled at the thought. Hopefully they can talk and hang out more to become closer friends.
Maybe even boyfriend and g-

His thoughts were interrupted as he felt a ball hit the back of his head. He turned around glaring and noticed Tanaka and Nishinoya. What was with these two lately?
"What?" He harshly asked the duo. Then Tanaka pointed to the door and there she was laughing at something Hinata said.

He felt his face heat up and he couldn't bring himself to look away from the girl. The way she smiled made his heart explode - hopefully he doesn't get a heart attack. Then he looks at the small readhead and grows a little jealous that he can get her to laugh. Why can Hinata talk to people so easily when he can barely talk half of him teammates?
"You should go talk to her!" Nishinoya nudged the freckled boy's side and smirked.
"N-no!"
"Then we'll talk to her for you!"

Nishinoya and Tanaka were making their way over to the girl, but Yamaguchi knew better to let them go over there. They would only scare her away! Or even flirt with her, which he isn't very fond of the idea.
"W-wait-" the boys turned to the boy.
"I'll talk to her myself." He told them and they smirked at one another.

"Scared I'll steal her away, Yamaguchi?" Noya snickered at him. Yamaguchi ignored his very false statement and slowly made his way to the dark haired girl.

As Kawakami was talking to some of the volleyball players, she looked to her right. She saw Yamaguchi making his way to the group. Seeing him made her instantly smile and she waved at him.
"Hi, Yams!" She said that nickname again and it made him blush even more.
"H-hi, Kawa-chan!"