four

The 'couple' sat at a booth across each other. Yamaguchi got chocolate mint with whipped cream in a bowl. and Kawakami got chocolate ice cream with extra chocolate chip chunks (she loves chocolate) in a waffle cone. Kawakami was the one who paid since she was the one who invited him to thank him - it only took her a couple tries to convince him because he was the one to avoid conflict.

Kawakami raised her cone, "Here's to..." she stopped a second to think about what she was going to say. "Yams bringing me my camera - and to new friends!" The boy blushed and smiled while bringing his bowl up to lightly hit her cone. She brought it back down and licked her ice cream. Yamaguchi used his spoon and took small bites out of his ice cream.

"Oh yeah, I brought my Polaroid camera today to take pictures." She grabs the bag with her free hand and digs in it, pulling out a pink camera.
"I was thinking, w-we could take some photos? I'm not sure of what though."
She thinks a few seconds.
"Hmm... Want to take a picture of me?"
His eyes widen - she wants him to take a picture of her?
"You want me to?"
"Y-yeah, it's on now so you just have to look through here and press this button." She points at a couple places and brings the camera to across the table.

He slowly lifts up and points the camera towards the girl and she strikes a cute pose. She puts up a peace sign with one hand and holds her ice cream with the other; she has a giant smile on her face and you can tell it's genuine. He waits for the right moment and snaps the picture with the flash going off. The camera makes a noise and the picture comes out from the bottom; Yamaguchi grabs the picture and sets down the camera. His confused face shows he didn't know how a Polaroid picture worked.

She chuckled and grabbed the camera and picture from him.
"Don't worry, the picture with appear soon in a couple minutes."
"R-Right, I knew that..." He nervously giggled and scratched the back of his neck. They started to make more conversation with each other and the awkward tension between them has faded a lot. It's as if they have known each other for years. They talked about school and funny stories. 20 minutes has passed and they are both not done with their ice cream - they have been too distracted to take a bite.

"About what you said earlier," the girl started,
"You said that people don't notice and pay attention to you - what do you mean?" Yamaguchi stared at the girl before sighing.

"I-I'm not popular or anything. I don't have lots of friends, I only have one close friend that's way cooler and he's better than volleyball than me. If you brought up my name to basically anyone in the school, they wouldn't know me I'm- I'm like a background character." by the end of his sentence he is staring at his ice cream not wanting to make eye contact with the beautiful girl in front of him. He was embarrased and he expects the girl to ignore what he said and continue on another conversation.

"Make that two!" He looks up confused. "Eh??"
"Make that two close friends, Yamaguchi-kun!" She raises her voice louder than she intended to so a few people glance over at them.
"You are not a background character to me! We have only personally known each other for about two days, but you are very cool! If you want to be like Tsukishima then you would have to turn salty and bland! No o-offense to him.. but you being shy and cute and friendly makes you, you, Tadashi! S-Sorry for the first name... and your serves are totally cool! Way better than anybody else's. You are very special to me and I have noticed you everyday for like forever!" she runs out of breath and keeps looking at him

Compliments hit him one by one and he feels arrows are shooting at his heart - in a could way of course. Yamaguchi just sits there dumbstruck. He doesn't know what to say about that since nobody has praised him like that before. The flustered boy stays frozen in place doesn't know if he wants to start laughing or crying.
"S-Sorry for the ranting, Yamaguchi." He still stares in shock unable to say words. It's like her words broke him so he won't be able to function anymore. He opens his mouth but nothing comes out. She stands up and bows.
"I'm using the restroom, please excuse me."