zero

They both see themselves as "basic."

She has dark black hair and plain brown eyes - both a common feature for girls in their area -over half of the girls in her school look like her. She seems to not mind it since she doesn't want to stand out much, she's not alive to impress anyone.

All she wants to do is keep track of all of her great memories inside the storage of her camera her mother bought her. She wants to travel the world and take pictures of everyone interesting and everything special. Though, most pictures are more of a private thing for her and she may or may not want to walk down a career path for it. 

He has plain brown hair and brown eyes, something that's not very unique. His best friend has natural  blonde hair, something that barely anyone has in his school, and he has a little bit of jealousy. Sometimes he has the urge to dye his hair, but he has been told his features suit him well.

All he does is play volleyball on his free time, even though he is not a starter player. Every time he has a game there's a small chance he will be put in to serve once or twice, but once again he gets to watch his friends on the sidelines right away; he's definitely not the star of the court. He tells himself it's okay, as long as he has fun with it, it's a way he gets to stick by the one person in his life he can trust anyways.

~

Both think they are too boring for the other.

What they don't know is that they both see beautiful things about one another. They accidently notice these things as they're silently staring in class or in the hallways.

Her bright smile and the way she concentrates on her work makes him forget even what his best friend just said to him. His cute distinctive freckles and the way he gets flustered when he gets called on makes her accidentally drop her pencil.

There's that one in a thousand chance that they both like each other without even having one conversation.

It's like Kawakami Natsumi and Yamaguchi Tadashi are meant to be.