nine

Yamaguchi is going to actually tell Kawakami he likes her today. Yesterday he was interrupted, and even though she said she liked him, he felt like he needed to.

Well, he was going to.

Yamaguchi and Tsukishima walk into their classroom after their morning practice. The shorter boy honestly felt tired and worn out because he couldn't fall asleep last night - he was full of joy.

His smile lightly drops because he looks at the desk she usually sat in and it's empty.
"Great, she's not here and she has part of our project. Tsk." The blonde glares at the empty seat and makes his way to his own.
"Sh-She might just be late. Who knows." Yamaguchi said that nonconfidently. Kawakami was always here earlier than others and whenever she wasn't she ended up being gone the rest of the day.

Maybe she regretted what she said last night.

'Did I do something?
Is it my fault?'

After he sat down his eyes never left the door. The warning bell rings and more students pile up in the room including Tamura. Tamura looks around with a slight frown and spots the duo so she walks over to them.
"Any of you guys seen Kawakami? I tried texting her but she hasn't replied. It's weird of her to not show up to school without letting anyone know."
"N-No, sorry."
Tsukishima doesn't say anything and he just shrugs at her.
"Well let me know if she talks to you." She's about to turn away before he smirks and looks at the blonde. "Also, Tsukishima stop being so... Quiet. It's annoying." She playfully pokes his forehead.
"Don't do that again."

They argue for a minute or two but Yamaguchi doesn't bother listening to them. All he can think about is Kawakami; she was acting weird last night so that probably has something to do with it. He pulls out his phone to send her a message.

Yams ! (♡◕ヮ◕):
Why weren't you at school today? It's okay if you dont tell me I'm just worried about you

Yams ! (♡◕ヮ◕):
Just please reply when you can :)

~

It's now Wednesday and Kawakami Natsumi is still a no show.

Tamura has stopped by her house and grabbed her part of the project for Tsukishima that was due that day. She just said that Kawakami didn't tell her what was wrong and she was talking like a depressed robot.

She still hasn't replied to any messages, but she also never opened them. Yamaguchi messaged her again the day before to see if anything will happen, but still no reply. He guesses her phone is turned off. So the boy decides he is going to stop by Natsumi's house after practice.

The team is walking in a group down the street towards Ukai's store - maybe Yamaguchi should buy a couple things for her.
"How's you and your girlfriend doing?" Nishinoya nudged the first year's side and grinned. That statement caused most of the team to turn to them in curiousity.
"Kawakami isn't my girlfriend!"
"Ah, so you know who Noya's talking about. Sounds like she's your girlfriend." Tanaka came to the other side of him and also nudges him. Yamaguchi's face flushes in embarrasment and anger and he resists the urge to slap them.

"Stop bullying the first years!" Suga calls from up ahead as he walks side by side with Daichi. Yamaguchi sighs in relief when the store comes into view and he rushes to Tsukki's side.
"I'm running inside to get a few things." He just makes a small sound acknowledging him and he slips on his headphones.

Yamaguchi follows behind a few of his teammates that also head inside; his feet instantly bring him to a snack isle and his eyes gaze at all of the treats. He only knows that Kawakami likes chocolate a lot, but nothing else. He decides to just grab random things that are simple and sound good.