twelve

Kawakami's staring off into space in class while she taps her pencil against the desk. She should be paying attention since she has been gone, but so much is on her mind. She wishes she stayed home again.

The teacher clears her throat and it causes the girl to look back to the front; the woman signals to the pencil and Natsumi says a quiet sorry.

A few minutes later the teacher speaks up, making the heads of students perk up.
"Is there anyone who would like to take a couple boxes to the art room on the upper floor?"

Tamura's hand instantly goes up as she likes to he helpful.
"Alright... Anyone else? Theres another big box."

Natsumi's about to raise her arm since she's eager to get out of this place, but another hand already went up.
"I-I will."
"Ah, thank you Yamaguchi."

She really wants to glare and mentally curse at the boy but since it's him, she can't. A sigh escapes her lips and she rests her cheek in her left hand.

Yamaguchi sits up and walks to the front to the room; he's not doing this for no reason. If Tamura never volunteered he wouldn't of either, but he needs to ask her something. He picks up the box on the floor and the girl grabs the other - their teacher sets a hall pass on the box and off they go.

"I'm glad you chose to come with me Yammy boy. I needed to ask you something."
Their footsteps echo in the hallways and voices are heard from classrooms. Yamaguchi side eyes her before looking straight ahead.
"Okay."

"What did you do last night to make her feel better? I feel kind of offended I couldn't do anything..." She chuckles and shifts her arms so the box doesn't fall. His grip tightens and he blows a piece of hair out of his face and they turn to go up the stairs.
"I j-just brought her a couple things from the store. Nothing... Serious..."

The look on her face shows she doesn't believe him - she knows something happened. They reach the top of the stairs and they turn right.
"You really think I believe that! You both have been acting weird. Did you guys kiss or something? Did you ask her out?"

He almost drops the box and he starts sweating.
"No... To both of th-those things."
"You're lying! Just please tell me-"
"I-I need to ask you that has something to do with what you said." He stops in front of the art room door and faces the shorter one.

A smirk appears on her face and she sets down the box, even though they're not in the classroom yet.
"Ah yes, cause I am the master at dating! That is why I totally have a good, loving, healthy, and alive relationshop!" Her smirk falters a little st the end but her arms don't move from their crossed position.
"S-Sorry, it's just you're h-her closest friend." He also sets it down - he needs to continue this conversation.

"Well, throw it at me." His hand reaches the back of his neck and his eyes gaze over the windows.
"How should I-I a-ask her out?" His voice is a little quiet but she can hear him.

Her face lights up and she grabs his shoulders harshly.
"You're finally gonna do it!?" His eyes widen and his mouth slightly hangs open from her action. The door to his right slowly opens and they turn their heads quickly - the art teacher is standing there with a confused face.

"W-We brought boxes from class 1-4" her hands drop from his sides and they bend down to pick up their delivery.
"Ah, thank you. Come in and set it in here,  no one's in here." She smiles sweetly and turns around, the two first years following behind her.

"Over in that corner," she points to a corner and they place it there, leaving after saying a brisk good-bye.

Right when the door closes behind them she turns to the boy.
"I'm so glad you came to me! I get to be part of this memorable moment." She pretends to wipe a tear and he nervously smiles.
"W-Well, how should I do it?" They start walking down the hallway slowly and she thinks a second.

"Be straightforward and simple about it. Don't make it a huge thing. She'll say yes no matter what and I guarantee that."
"R-Really?"
"Duh. Do you know how much she likes you? It's weird." She snorts and they turn to the stairway.
"Take her somewhere quiet though. She probably won't want it to be around people. I'm not sure exactly where though."

He thinks to himself and remembers the place she took them after their date. Would that be a good place? Or maybe they should just go for a walk and find a random place that's quiet.
"She would be fine if you don't give her a gift, but I think you should. She secretly loves it when people do those things for her, but she doesn't want to seem selfish."

Silence is between them for a few seconds and Tamura taps his shoulder and whispers.
"Maybe get her some flowers or chocolate. That's so romantic! Gosh, I'm so single." She squeals but then sighs at the end of her sentence.

Yamaguchi doesn't see himself as the romantic type at all but giving her flowers is a good idea. He quickly tells her an overall plan he'll probably do.

~

The two girls walk home from their club and Tamura has been really smiley today. Ever since she came back with the boy she's been quiet too - she has to be hiding something. She only gets quiet when she doesn't want to say something she's not supposed to say.

She decides to stay quiet about it because she's obviously keeping it hidden for a good reason. Tamura would never do anything to hurt her best friend.

Natsumi brings up the topic of school and Tamura gives short but enthusiatic answers, so she brings up a topic she's sure her friend will talk about.
"You want to go watch their practice again tomorrow?" She lifts her head from looking at the ground and smiles widely.
"Hell yeah. I love watching them wack the balls and do their... Sets? I can come get you again in the morning since my mom makes me get up extra early." A scoff is heard when she turns to check her phone and Kawakami grins.

They stop by Tamura's house and they wave goodbye before she enters her home, leaving Kawakami by herself. She starts her walk to her own home and she stuffs her hands in her pockets. The day's finally over and it's a relief - Samson's been popping up in her mind the whole day and she's been trying to brush it off.

Yamaguchi enters his bedroom after taking a shower and he changes into his pajamas. He gets ready for bed and turns off his lights, jumping into his queen sized bed. His phone lights up from his nightstand and he reaches over to grab it.

[9:12pm]
Kawakami❤:
goodnight see you tomorrow <3 ✨ I'll see you at your morning practice !

His heart skips a beat and he quickly replies.

[9:13 pm]

Yams ! (♡◕ヮ◕):

Goodnight :) I'm glad you'll be there

He plugs his device back in and he rolls to his side.

Hopefully tomorrow goes well for him.

~

Yes, another boring chapter 😔😚

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETTER and longer

- m a y a