1

The world seems to be going a million miles per day it feels like. Slowly the years of childhood are in the past, and present just seems to be an everyday task. But when we look back at those memories we somehow see the light when we couldn't back then.

As the crisp air blew through windows making my lungs feel tight, I tried keeping a steady head on the road in front of me.

The sun was just rising upon the horizon, and the street lights on the highway were almost useless. It had probably been 5 hours since my mini road trip had began, and I was already over it. The snacks that I picked up at the last gas station were eaten, and I maybe had half a bottle of water left. But Gwatoneon was almost in my grasp you could say.

With the skies spreading into pink and purple hues, the outline of the city in the morning was much apparent. Lights of the glimmering town were almost turning off one by one, and it felt like the city was beginning the day.

Gwantoneon was known as the city of overflowing lights. The nightlife was known to be insane and was becoming huge talk within the racing industry.

Slowly rolling to stop at the toll booth that stood in front of my now future, I grabbed my wallet.

"$2.50" the clerk sighs.

I could tell from her overwhelming dark circles and almost bloodshot eyes that she had the night shift.

Digging through my bag to find some sort of change that could suffice the 50 cents left, I could hear a slight huff come from the clerk. Glancing at her quickly and back at my bag I could tell she seemed annoyed.

"You know what, I get off in literally almost 2 minutes. I really don't want to watch you dig for 50 cents so just go" she said rubbing her eyes tiredly.

"Really? Are you sure? If I just-" I start while pointing to the direction of my bag. "Yes, I'm sure! Now go before I change my mind" she interrupts in an quite aggressive tone.

Watching the gate lift open, I was quick to put the car in drive and be on my way.

Slowing to a stop off the side of the street, I began to second guess myself while looking at my phone

Slowing to a stop off the side of the street, I began to second guess myself while looking at my phone. Looking down a side street it seemed that no cars were allowed down, seeming to make things a tad bit harder.