6

"So what do you think about this one?" Shuhua asked me as she held up a pair of black shoes

They were simple black buckled platformed heels, something a doll would wear. 

"They're cute, but are they ethical?" I ask back. 

"Boo, you're no fun" she replies while sticking her tongue out. 

Shuhua's and my shopping habits tend to be quite different. 

I never really make purchases on clothes unless they're from a thrift store, or its heavily discounted.

And even then, the item goes through a survey. 

Is this comfortable? 

Would I wear it often? 

Could I pair it with multiple outfits? 

Will it work with my busy schedule? 

How much will this dent my bills for this month? 

"Two different tax brackets honey" I say chuckling, which earned me an eye roll from Shuhua. 

Though I will say, it's not awkward. 

When Shuhua and I first started being friends during my first week, I practically protested to everything she tried to buy me. 

But now when she puts the explanation that anything she buys for me, it doesn't affect her but rather her parents... 

It kind of makes you feel a little more comfortable with her offers. 

That's being due to her parents being such assholes. 

"So any word from Sanha?" I asked, slightly changing the subject. 

Shuhua sighed lightly before placing the shoes down. 

"Just a few texts every now and then, to ask how I am, but overall nothing different from last week" she states. 

Last week... 

God, last week. 

I hate to admit it, but anytime I think about Shuhua's break up.. my mind just goes to Haechan. 

That could be because I'm stuck with these thoughts. 

We haven't spoken, or even seen each other since. 

"Also I've been meaning to talk about this with you, but I'm just worried you'll protest it too much" Shuhua suddenly says. 

Looking to her, she looked down to a different pair of shoes. 

"And what would that be?" I ask, cocking an eyebrow at her. 

"Well, do you remember Yongseung? The guy you picked up the notebook from?" she asks, making me furrow my eyebrows.