Ateez Mingi angst/fluff drabble

4. "I should have told you a long time ago."

42. "I don't want to screw this up."

You and Mingi have been best friends for a long time and today you decided to confess. You were extremely scared. What if he rejects you? Wouldn't that mean that your friendship would be over too?

So there he was walking next to as you roamed around the park. "Do you want to get some ice cream?" He asked but you weren't listening, you were too deep in your thoughts so he waved his hand in front of your face.

"I like you" you mumbled and that caught Mingi off guard. He stood in front of you, looking at you as confused as he could be. "Im sorry, i know you dont like me back, i should have told you a long time ago, because now im going to be rejected and i will lose our friendship and it will hurt like hell." You mumbled quietly looking down so he wouldn't see the tears building up in your eyes.

"Y/n... i like you too, but i dont want to screw this up, you know with my career and everything, it will be hard, but if you are willing to try i would be more than glad to date you." He said with his big smile.

"Im willing to try" you said giving him a hug, he smiled widely as he hugged you back feeling butterflies in his stomach. "Now lets go get some ice cream girlfriend." He said making you laugh.