Chapter 14

Skylar's P.O.V.

Stretching out in bed, she opened her eyes, only to come face to face with Kaitlyn.

Her hands were both pressed to her stomach, her fingers spread out, as she rocked on the balls of her feet.

Tears sprung to Sky's eyes, as she thought about their fight, and about what had happened with Alex the night before. Seeing the stray tear that migrated down Skylar's cheek and onto the pillow beneath her head, Kaitlyn leaned down and enveloped her in a hug.

"I'm sorry hon. I should've been there for you last night." She whispered sincerely in Sky's ear, trying to calm the flood of tears that had started to flow.

"I really liked him." Sky let out the words in a choked sob, clinging to Kaitlyn.

For as long as they could, Skylar and Kaitlyn clung to each other, Skylar's tears staining the fabric of Kaitlyn's shirt. Skylar spilled the whole story to Kaitlyn. They both knew they would have to let go of each other eventually.

Until this moment, Skylar hadn't realized how much she had liked Alex. How pleasantly dizzy he made her feel, and yet, still grounded and safe. No matter what happened now, she knew there was no chance of getting rid of the hurt in Alex's memory now.

School didn't really seem like an option, at the moment. But Sky desperately needed to make sure that Alex thought she was unaffected by what he did. Not only him, but also his friends.

So, she got up and went into the bathroom. Luckily, Kaitlyn had stopped by her house and grabbed everything Skylar would need. As she grabbed the hem of Alex's shirt, she paused, staring at the dark, puffy circles underneath her eyes. She turned away from the mirror and took the skirt off, dropping it to the floor, and getting in the shower.

It only took an hour to look normal again.

Getting changed, applying make up, doing her hair, and taking a moment to breathe, didn't seem like they would take so long. But to cover up her pained face took a lot of work.

Eventually, however, they were out the door and in the car. They placed both their bags in the backseat, and with Kaitlyn in the drivers seat, they were off. Skylar watched the road beneath them, there and then gone.

Soon enough, they had pulled up into a parking space in the school parking lot. Grabbing their bags, they headed into the school.

It had been a very silent morning for the two, but they knew they would have plenty of time to talk after school, when they could be alone. Skylar knew she would need an hour or so to work things out entirely with Kaitlyn. It was the first time Skylar had ever chosen a boy over her best friend. 

They headed their separated ways, and as soon as she turned around, Alex was standing right there. "Skylar..." He began. 

"Don't waste your voice on me." Sky snapped, pushing past him, making her way to her locker. 

Alex sighed and followed her. "You know, talking to you is never a waste." 

She opened up her locker, slamming it shut once she had grabbed her books, stuffing them into her bag. "We both know you don't believe that." 

"Of course I do Skylar. You have to believe me. I was being so stupid last night." He told her, grabbing her arm and forcing her to look at him. "Please believe me. I'll explain everything."

"I don't want your explanation! You ruined any chance of me ever trusting you again." She told him firmly, struggling to get out of his grip. Then, she caught Nick and the others striding up to them. 

"Oh look here boys, the ugly slut is avoiding the only guy who would ever bother with her." Nick laughed cruelly, the other boys snickering. 

"She is not a slut." Alex growled, stepping forward. He was about the same height as the other boys, but they were still bigger. 

"Oh you can't tell me you're actually defending the..." Alex punched Nick straight across the face, before he could even finish his sentence. With a red mark across his cheek,  Nick tackled Alex to the ground, fists flying in every direction from both boys. A crowd gathered around, watching. Some whispered, some cheered. But Skylar watched in horror as her first love, first kiss, and first disaster was held to the ground by the other boys, and repeatedly punched, blood dripping out of his nose and staining his teeth red. 

"Stop! Please! Stop!" Skylar screamed, pushing at the boys to try and get them to move, but they just pushed her to the side. 

Finally, Nick got off, and the boys let go, one of them kicking Alex in the side as hard as he could, making him wheeze in pain. As the boys made their way down the opposite end of the hallway, Sky knelt beside him. 

"You should have just left it alone." She whispered, holding his hand as she leaned over him to assess the damage. 

"They had no right to call you those things." He whispered back, looking into her eyes. Avoiding his gaze as best as she could, Sky slowly began to help him up. 

"I'm taking you home Alex. I'll call Kaitlyn later and let her know what happened." She told him, making up her mind. If she thought about it too hard, her mind and her heart would start a war. She didn't want to find out what the end result would be. 

So, she got her things, led him to her truck and gently helped him in. Soon, they got the vehicle started and they were on their way. Sky knew she couldn't go to her own house, she couldn't go to Lucas's house, and she couldn't go to Kaitlyn's house, so she would have to go to his. It wasn't long before they got to his unstable house, and she slowly helped him inside. It was a warm day out, so his house was nice and warm as well. 

Once they had gotten inside, she got him to lay down in his bed, and she went to get a cloth and warm water. She came back, and gradually helped him out of his shirt, setting it on the floor. Biting her lip, she sat beside him and slowly began to clean up his face. He watched her, his head tilted to the side like he was examining her expression, and every once and awhile, he would wince as she ran over a particularly painful wound. 

Once she was done cleaning him up, she looked over his wounds. "You're hurt pretty bad." She told him, running her fingertips over the bruise that was already forming on his side. 

"The only pain I feel is knowing that I hurt you." 

 Author's note:

Aww <3 Isn't he so horribly sweet! 

Hope you guys loved the chapter :) 

Please vote/comment, I do like to know that you guys actually enjoy it :)