Chapter 21

Skylar woke up when a tiny finger poked her face. As soon as her eyes opened, the first thing she saw was Grace hovering over the two of them. "Good morning." The little girl sang cheerfully, not the least bit fazed that Skylar was in her brother's bed. 

"Good morning to you too." Skylar replied, untangling herself from Alex's embrace and wrapping her arms around Grace instead. She giggled, which made Skylar smile as she slowly got up. "How about we go get some breakfast?" 

Grace dashed off into the kitchen and Skylar followed behind her, slowly but surely. It normally took her quite a while to wake up, and she was hoping that she could find some coffee to speed up the process. 

After making both Grace, Alex, and herself some toast and scrambled eggs, she searched through all the cupboards for some coffee as Grace as ate her breakfast. When she couldn't find any, she went back to Alex's bedroom, finding him sitting on the edge of the bed, stretching.

"Morning sunshine." Skylar cooed, leaning down and kissing his cheek. 

He looked at her, not remembering her sleeping over last night. When his memories came back to him, a smile tugged at his lips and he spoke. "Morning beautiful." 

"Where do you keep your coffee?" She was not going to waste time, she wanted her coffee. 

He simply chuckled and reached underneath his bed, pulling out a coffee canister. Which obviously was followed by a why-do-you-keep-your-coffee-under-your-bed look from Skylar. 

"One morning, Grace made me coffee. The thing was, is she made herself coffee too. After drinking it she was insanely hyper almost all day, and crashed about two o'clock. Even though she really likes how it tastes, it's really not good for her so I hid it." He explained, standing up and handing her the coffee tin. 

"It's sweet that you care so much about her." She told him, smiling. It was one of the things she liked about him. 

A blush formed on his cheeks and she gaped. "Alex Foster blushing?" She exclaimed, placing  her free hand over her heart. He just rolled his eyes and took the coffee from her, going into the kitchen. 

Alex made coffee for the both of them as Skylar kept Grace amused. Finally, Alex and her sat down for breakfast with their toast, scrambled eggs, and coffee. It was a quiet breakfast. Neither of them could figure out what to say. Grace had migrated into her room, getting changed into clothes for the day ahead. 

"So, um, how did you sleep last night?" Alex asked her, shoving a fork full of eggs into his mouth. 

Skylar smiled at him, sipping at her coffee. "Pretty good. I had a nice pillow. What about you?" 

His lips turned up slightly into a smile. "I slept good too. I had a nice blanket." 

Skylar blushed softly, and he just chuckled again. They sat in a comfortable silence until they were done their food, and Skylar immediately got up, taking his plate as well as hers. All Alex had was paper plates, so she just tossed them in the garbage and sat back down. 

"I could've done that." He stated, reaching across the table and taking her hand in his. Grace came back into the kitchen and stood beside Alex, seeming unsure of what to do as she looked at Skylar and Alex's entwined fingers. 

Skylar pulled her hand away from his and smiled at Grace. "Do you want me to braid your hair?" She asked the little girl, watching a grin spread across her lips. 

"Yes, please." Grace answered, running into her bedroom, causing Alex to chuckle. Skylar stood and followed Grace into her room. The walls were white, and all that was in her room was a small bed covered in a simple purple blanket, and a dresser. There was a tiny package of hair ties on her dresser and a hair brush, so Sky grabbed both and told Grace to sit on the bed. Getting comfy herself behind Grace, she set her supplies beside her and started to brush out Grace's long hair. 

"So what do you and Alex normally do on a Sunday?" Skylar asked, gathering her hair at the back of her head, separating it into three strands, she began to braid her hair. 

"Sometimes we go do something fun, or we clean the house." Grace explained, playing with her hands in her lap.  "Alex said that we needed to clean today." 

Skylar tied a hair tie around the end of the braid and turned Grace to face her, gently pulling out a few strands to frame her face. "How about I try and convince him to do something fun with us today?" Sky asked, smiling and getting up, setting the little girl's things back onto her dresser. 

Seeing Grace nod eagerly, a huge smile on her face as she ran into the bathroom to see how her hair looked, made Skylar really determined to convince Alex to treat the both of them to a day of fun. 

Hopefully she could do it. 

A/N: PLEASE READ. I NEED ADVICE

Hey guys :) Wow, 5.3K reads on this story! That's awesome. I'm not really happy with this chapter..I know it's too short. And to be completely honest with you guys, I'm really considering re-writing the entire story. What do you think? 

Oh, and I thought you guys should know that I'm going back to school next week. So, this story is going to be on hold. Thanks for your support <3 

Please comment so I can hear your opinions. That would be awesome.