Chapter 23

Alex's car eventually parked in front of a well-known bowling alley in town. Skylar was admittedly surprised. She wouldn't have guessed that this was his first choice of a fun day. 

Although he was full of surprises today. 

Grace smiled widely and was bouncing in her seat. "We're going bowling?" She asked excitedly, so much so that it made Alex chuckle as he looked back at her. 

"Yes, Gracie. We are going bowling." He told her, getting out of the car and helping Grace out as Skylar gathered her purse and got out as well. 

They all went into the bowling alley, Alex and Skylar hand in hand as Grace ran slightly ahead but not enough to worry the couple. "So, boyfriend...what made you think of bowling?" Skylar teased lightly as he paid for the three of them. 

"You don't like the idea?" He asked. He meant to sound teasing and sure of himself, however his face fell slightly as he truly thought she wasn't happy with the idea. 

"No, of course I do!" She quickly reassured him, hating to see him even the slightest bit disappointed. "I was just genuinely curious as to why you picked it...and why Grace seemed so excited about it." 

He nodded, smiling a bit to calm her frantic reassuring as he led her towards the bowling shoes. "My parents used to take me bowling on special occasions when I was young, and then they stopped after they lost interest in me...Anyways, once they left, I took it on myself to make sure that Grace had happy memories growing up, and not knowing where to start, I immediately thought of where most of my happy memories came from...and that was here."

Skylar rubbed her thumb against the back of his hand, and smiled at him. "Grace is so lucky to have you Alex." A blush formed on his cheeks as he looked down at their hands. 

"I'm so lucky to have her...and you." He whispered, leaning down and kissing her softly as she felt her face grow hot. "Now what's your shoe size?"

"I'm an eight." She told him, sitting down on a bench. 

He gave her some shoes and then retrieved some for himself and Grace, who had joined them after their little moment. 

When they got up to the lane that Alex had rented, Alex went to go get them drinks while Skylar set the computer. Grace seemed content to simply sit down and just relax for the moment.

Alex returned, arms full. "Two iced teas for my two favorite girls, a root beer for myself, and a large serving of fries." He announced, setting them down on the table as well as some napkins. Grace immediately went for her drink, which had a pink straw. Skylar took a fry, and then a sip from her iced tea, which had a blue straw. 

(( A/N: Alex's straw is green. For those people who's lives were not complete without the knowledge of the color of his straw ))

Once everyone had a little sip of their drink and a french fry, they started to bowl. Grace went first, knocking down seven pins on her first go. "Way to go kiddo!" Skylar exclaimed, a little surprised as she lounged on the very comfy leather couch, Alex's arm around her . Grace smiled back at her, and went again, knocking down the next three on her second try. When she came back, Skylar high fived her and pulled her onto her lap as Alex got up, wiping his hands on his jeans before grabbing a bowling ball. 

He got into this stance, much like Grace had, and let the ball go onto the lane. The girls watched as it went down the lane and knocking down all of the pins but one. The girls erupted into cheers, getting looks from the staff and other people in the place. Alex turned and shot a wink at Skylar, causing her face to turn pink as he went again and knocked the lone pin down. Grace clapped as Skylar lifted her off of her lap and got up.