Chapter 7

Skylar had been kissed before. A few times actually. But she was definitely unsure about kissing Alex. Her heart was racing and she opened her mouth but no words came out. A smirk appeared on Alex's face as he saw her contemplating whether or not to kiss him. 

Moving back, he got up and grabbed their napkins, throwing them into the trash can. Skylar got up as well and waited for him, leaning against the colorful table. 

Making sure she had everything, she hid the small amount of disappointment she had about him not kissing her. Poking her head in the door, she asked Annie if she could use the phone. It was time to end their little adventure. After all, she would have to go home eventually and Alex probably would be glad to see her go. 

Walking inside, she called her parents, wincing as her father yelled at her through the phone. "I know Dad. I'm sorry. Can I please speak to Mom?" She asked, closing her eyes as her dad reluctantly agreed, handing over the phone to her much worried mother. 

"You scared everyone Skylar! Especially Kaitlyn! We have all been worried sick about you! And you went to a party! Since when did you go to parties? What happened to my good, responsible, polite daughter?!" Sky sighed softly as her mom chastised her. 

"I'm alright Mom. I'm at Annie's ice cream place. I'll be waiting out front." She answered, not willing to be confronted about her desicions right now. Hanging up and running a hand through her hair, she said goodbye to Annie and headed back outside. 

"You alright?" Alex asked, not looking at her. 

"Just peachy. You'd better hide inside so my mother doesn't see you." Skylar replied, glancing quickly at him. 

"Leaving already?" He almost sounded disappointed. 

"Gotta face my parents eventually." She sighed. 

"Okay Princess. I'll see you in class." He said, heading inside without another word, like everything that had happened meant nothing at all to him.

Well, it meant something to me.

Her mom's car pulled up and she started walking towards it, convincing herself not to look back to see if he was looking out of the window. 

Feeling frustrated and upset, she got into the back of her mom's red shiny car and closed her eyes. Barely listening as her mom told her she was grounded until she was 18, she thought about ideas for the project. 

~ <3 ~

Alex's P.O.V.

Alex watched through the window as Skylar got into the back of a fancy looking car. He wondered how many years it would take him to save up for a car like that. Or if he would ever be able to save up that much money. He wondered if he would be able to get his motorcycle back. 

Probably not. 

Annie came out, her arms full of ice cream tubs, replacing the empty ones in the case. "Need any help with that?" He asked, taking and holding some of them for her. 

"Oh thanks." She said, quickly replacing the empty bins. When she was done, she just looked at him. "She's not who she seems to be."  

"What?" He asked, confused. 

"Skylar. Her life isn't easy. She grew up like that. If you don't want her, you can't lead her on because otherwise, she'll assume you do. She tends to look for things that aren't there." Annie told him. "Oh, and if you need a ride, I can give you one."

How could someone grow up to be so stuck up and boring? He thought curiously. But she wasn't stuck up and boring the whole time we hung out.

"No thanks. I'll just walk." He told her, thinking about what she had said as he walked outside and started heading back to his house. 

Sky's P.O.V.

After a lot of yelling and talking about how she was to be punished, she ended up not getting punished at all. This had been her first mistake, after all. And besides, her mother was more worried then mad. 

Stretched out on her bed, texting Kaitlyn with her back up phone, Sky couldn't help but think about Alex. Could she ever fall for the schools' bad boy? Could Alex ever fall for her? 

Of course not.  She reasoned with herself, shaking her head at her phone and sighing. 

Setting her phone aside, she fiddled with her pajama shorts and tank top before getting up and opening her curtains. As sunlight filled the room, she looked around. A moving truck was parked across the street at a small house. Two men stood outside, leaning against the truck, simply chatting. She watched as another, about 20 years old, man came out of the house, a comforting and familiar smile on his face.

His slightly ruffled golden brown hair matched his piercing, yet gentle, blue eyes perfectly. He was wearing a grey button up and worn out jeans, walking casually around the yard. His tall, built frame dwarfed both of the movers. 

A smile lit up Skylar's face and she slipped out of her pajamas, slipping on her jeans and a sweater. Running through and out of the house, receiving a glare from her high-strung mother, she sprinted across the street and threw herself into his arms. 

"Lucas." She breathed, laughing as he spun her around. 

Lucas was like her big brother and they had met when Sky was getting picked on by a boy when she was little. Lucas had interfered, the boy had immediately backed off and had wiped Skylar's tears away. When Lucas had seen her eyes, he had immediately come up with his nickname for her.

"Hey Baby Blue." He chuckled and set her down, pointing to her rather fancy house. "Still living in that old thing?" 

She ran a hand through her hair and smiled. "Of course. What are you doing here?" 

"I moved back into town. Got a job in maintenance at this big fancy office. Your dad pays well." He replied, hooking his thumbs into his front pockets. 

"Dad hired you?" 

"Yep. I needed a job and he figured you missed me. I'm almost done moving in. Why do you sound so surprised?" 

"I'm not. Well, I'm just a little surprised that you're back. And really happy." She smiled and hugged him tightly again. 

"Well Blue, come in. I want to know what you've been up to." Lucas smiled and led her into his new home. 

 It was a maze of unplaced furniture and boxes. 

"Wow, I really like what you've done with the place." She nodded and ran her fingers over the top of an unopened box. The only thing that looked like it was actually put there on purpose, was a grey couch across from an old red brick fireplace. Taking her hand in his, he led her to the couch and they sat down together. 

"Thanks. I do too." He rolled his eyes at her and grinned, pulling her close and hugging her tightly. "I missed you Baby Blue." 

"I missed you too Lucas." She whispered, closing her eyes and relaxing against her beloved best friend. 

~ <3 ~ 

 Author's Note: 

I updated!!!!!!!!!!!!! On time, for that matter. I will be updating FFTBB every Tuesday from now on and you may certainly yell at me if I don't update on time. 

It is definitely shorter than I wanted it to be. But I promise there will be longer chapters ahead. 

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yours Truly, 

Kenna <3